Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #61361
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Not hard, all you need is a vice and an impact gun helps.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #61362
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, thanks
Old 07-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #61363
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
There's a few tutorials. If you end up doing it seems me a pm, there's a few things left out of the tutorials.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #61364
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Will do, thanks for the info
Old 07-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #61365

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
np
Old 07-10-2014, 03:26 AM   #61366
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
If you do go the used route make sure to watch the classifieds on ttora as well, there are always coil overs popping up over there
Old 07-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #61367
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonyd182 View Post
Chad's burning on some frame plates and rear diff armor.
The trail gear plates?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #61368
always tinkering
bowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the rough

bowyer2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Gave it another dent. Stick came up between the door and sliders. Second fucking time this has happened. I really need to order those inserts to weld into the gaps.
maybe consider something like this:
I added diamond plate to my sliders mostly to keep the sides of my truck clean since we live on a gravel road. I think it would also keep out sticks too!
Attached Thumbnails
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-20140710_092735-1-.jpg  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #61369
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco302 View Post
alignment is next, i'm on the fence for paying someone to do that...doesn't seem too difficult, but at the same time i dont wanna screw that up.
Look at the Firestone $170 Lifetime Alignment. 2 regular alignments almost pay for it. Get your oil changed there too and have them check the alignment for free every time.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #61370
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered these at 1pm yesterday during my lunch, showed up at at 9 am this morning. I have no idea how that happened but I'm not complaining...

Old 07-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #61371
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, where did you order from?
Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #61372
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: THOSE ARE NICE^^^^^

Spare tire question guys....

So I am running 33x12.5x15. Last night at the gym, my buddy and I got to talking about spares. I still have my stocker under the truck (245/70/16) He tells me I might as well leave that at home since it it obviously alot smaller and I could shred my gears if I ever used it. Now if I had to use it it would be to at least get me home.

Should I be getting a full size this weekend?? Or am I ok with this for a quick fix?

I was thinking for a spare I could get a 33x10.5
Old 07-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #61373
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post

So I am running 33x12.5x15. Last night at the gym, my buddy and I got to talking about spares. I still have my stocker under the truck (245/70/16) He tells me I might as well leave that at home since it it obviously alot smaller and I could shred my gears if I ever used it. Now if I had to use it it would be to at least get me home.

Should I be getting a full size this weekend?? Or am I ok with this for a quick fix?

With speed and long distance you could damage your gears, and if you had a limited slip you would destroy the clutch packs.

as long as the O.D. is close or the same you'll be fine with just about anything as a spare.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #61374
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post

I would definitely get a full size. Not only will it save your gears, it will be a helluva lot safer to drive.

I had my stock size also (225/somethingorother/16), and ended up finding a used full size (285/75/16) on Craigslist for $15. Cost me $11 to have it mounted and balanced. So, you may consider getting a used spare for much cheaper.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #61375
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the craigslist route. It's a spare tire so road contact is going to be minimal. No need to drop a ton of cash into one, just get the same size and class (mt, at, etc) and you'll be fine.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #61376
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! Thanks guys. I was gonna buy a brand new rim to match my set (only $42 off summit) and try to find a used tire on CL
Old 07-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #61377
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a fan of getting all 5 matching and rotating the spare in every tire rotation. Get use out of the spare instead of watching it dry rot away.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #61378
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
I'm a fan of getting all 5 matching and rotating the spare in every tire rotation. Get use out of the spare instead of watching it dry rot away.
My $40 half tread take off is just fine being lonely haha.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #61379
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
My $40 half tread take off is just fine being lonely haha.
to each their own.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #61380
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Exactly what I am doing.

Products Discussed in this Thread