Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #61401
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Was poking around under my truck just now and found this:

Wtf.. Haha
Old 07-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #61402
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Going to replace my brake pads after 15k of sloppy sluggish stops.. Hawk LTS pads on our trucks SUCK!

Going back to EBC green stuff.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #61403
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
Took the Tacoma to Sedona for some me time and introspection.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #61404
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yf19 View Post

Nice. Been there twice. Trails are not so thought but the scenery is beautiful.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #61405
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yf19 View Post

This is one of the best looking 98-00 models in my opinion. What size tires?
Old 07-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #61406
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
I have 4-4.5" of rear lift and no CB drop and my angle is worse than that and i only get vibes from 75mph. How is yours so bad
IDK, I want shims for it though. Should 3* take care of it?
Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #61407
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
This is one of the best looking 98-00 models in my opininion. What size tires?
Have to agee. So clean
Old 07-11-2014, 01:30 AM   #61408
It's a surf spot not a house
LogCabins is on a distinguished road

Army: AGR Hawaii Army National Guard
LogCabins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post

Wtf.. Haha
Good'ol tennis ball mod.......I knew that was gonna catch on....LOL
Old 07-11-2014, 03:07 AM   #61409
95taco4x4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
95taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=taco terror;8895706]With my lift I did a CB drop, still have very noticable pulsating vibes at 30-35. I am worried about the pinion seal with this angle. Also when I am coming to a stop or letting off the brakes, a lot of times some there is a very noticeable jolt that feels like someone rear ended me.

I felt the same thing so I took it in to the shop and they said it was loose u bolts and my rear tranny guard was worn out. Tightened the bolts and the jolt stopped. The guard is something like $200 so I'm waiting on that.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:38 AM   #61410
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
This is one of the best looking 98-00 models in my opinion. What size tires?
Tires are 305 65r17 like a 32.61x12.01 15 but ProComp MT2s measure 34x12.5 17
Old 07-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #61411
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post

Wtf.. Haha
Leave it... i bet it's stopping that heat shield from rattling haha
Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #61412
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Had another productive night last night. Buttoned up the new ARB and Smittybilt 9500. The winch just BARELY fit. I actually had to grind a little notch out of the front radiator support. But I got it on and working. Tonight I'll be putting on the Relentless bed bar/hi lift mount and the Redline hood struts.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #61413
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Leave it... i bet it's stopping that heat shield from rattling haha

Bwahahaha. No kidding!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #61414
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Redid my intake. I did the in-cab snorkel. HUGE drop in intake temps, this is a real CAI. My intake temps dropped from 114* to 78*. As suspected, there is a dramatic increase in noise in the cab when at WOT. I'm looking for some pre-filter foam to use inside the tube to baffle the noise a bit. At idle and cruising the noise isn't bad at all, just when I'm on the throttle.

More pics in my build
Old 07-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #61415
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Redid my intake. I did the in-cab snorkel. HUGE drop in intake temps, this is a real CAI. My intake temps dropped from 114* to 78*. As suspected, there is a dramatic increase in noise in the cab when at WOT. I'm looking for some pre-filter foam to use inside the tube to baffle the noise a bit. At idle and cruising the noise isn't bad at all, just when I'm on the throttle.
Yeah, when Jon's truck was an actual truck and drivable, I was in it a few times as a passenger. He had the in-cab snorkel and it was a considerable drone.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #61416
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
And turns into a hot air intake in the winter right?

Jokes aside - how did the intake tempts of when you had the snorkel compare? I'm assuming the 114 is stock location?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #61417
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
And turns into a hot air intake in the winter right?

Jokes aside - how did the intake tempts of when you had the snorkel compare? I'm assuming the 114 is stock location?
The Safari Snorkel with similar ambient temps in the mid 90s would hit in the 95-105* range intake temps. The 114* was not the stock location but inside the engine bay, similar to any after market "CAI". The stock location would likely be more similar to what I was seeing with the Safari Snorkel.

As for winter intake temps, it should be about the same since the temps inside the cab are going to be about the same regardless of season.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #61418
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #61419
MainahWithaYota is on a distinguished road
MainahWithaYota's Tacoma Gallery
Failed frame inspection
Old 07-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #61420
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainahWithaYota View Post
Failed frame inspection
Damn that sucks

Products Discussed in this Thread