Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #63441
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
well yes and no. the previus owner put one of the red trd stickers that came with it on it
So it's just a sticker? Any idea what size?
Old 08-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #63442
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kigmob View Post
it's the same size as the trd exprinted on the s/c. the previus owner just slapped the red sticker on top of it
Old 08-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #63443
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just go but a red like paint marker, and paint it ha or red nail polish if your gf has some
Old 08-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #63444
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
Just go but a red like paint marker, and paint it ha or red nail polish if your gf has some
I've thought about this but would love the clean edges of a decal.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #63445
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've thought about this but would love the clean edges of a decal.
You could paint clean edges lol take a sanding block and grind the letters with a flat edge much easier then trying to get a decal made
Old 08-17-2014, 12:19 AM   #63446
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Drove 400 miles with my heat on full blast with my windows down because my ultra gauge was telling me it was gettin pretty hot. 212 degrees.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #63447
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Drove 400 miles with my heat on full blast with my windows down because my ultra gauge was telling me it was gettin pretty hot. 212 degrees.
water temp? that's definately a little hot and you're in alaska. i'm not sure what the danger zone for water temp is but in texas my scangauge reads betweem 191-198 usually.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #63448
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
water temp? that's definately a little hot and you're in alaska. i'm not sure what the danger zone for water temp is but in texas my scangauge reads betweem 191-198 usually.
Yeah. It's always ran from 199-204. But I'd never seen it get to 212... Cool overcast day and normal highway driving. Not sure what's up. I'll have a shop look at it this week. Just passed 89k miles so I should probably get the water pump and timing belt changed anyway.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:12 AM   #63449
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Yeah. It's always ran from 199-204. But I'd never seen it get to 212... Cool overcast day and normal highway driving. Not sure what's up. I'll have a shop look at it this week. Just passed 89k miles so I should probably get the water pump and timing belt changed anyway.
and get the radiator flushed. how hot is it this time of year in alaska? in texas its 90-100 degrees. i wonder if there's a problem with the thermostat not opening or something
Old 08-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #63450
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Well this happened today...

Inchworm?
Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #63451
mike2brew is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mike2brew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by camptaco01 View Post
Passenger cv decided to on me. Boot doesn't have any rips which is strange. I just put a lift on last week and the boot blows out. might need a diff drop. also got some goodies from wheelers
I lifted my truck with the Bilstein/Eibach combo and did a diff drop at the same time, both upper CVs blew within a week. Its actually easier to replace the whole axle than change the boot.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #63452
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
So this is high speed overheating? You might have a weak hose (big one) that is collapsing or your thermostat may be toast.

That happened to me on my old truck. Driving like 50 for 175 miles with the heater on full in the middle of a nasty summer heatwave. Turned out a weak main top hose was the culprit.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #63453

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So this is high speed overheating? You might have a weak hose (big one) that is collapsing or your thermostat may be toast.

That happened to me on my old truck. Driving like 50 for 175 miles with the heater on full in the middle of a nasty summer heatwave. Turned out a weak main top hose was the culprit.
Hmmm interesting. The top radiator hose did seen unusually easy to pinch lol. Maybe that's it. And temperature wise it's like 55-65 here right now.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #63454
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My truck gets to 212 while idling at a light on a 90+ day but drops back to 194 when I start driving. Is that "normal"? It's also supercharged and I've heard that makes them run alittle hot.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #63455
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
My truck gets to 212 while idling at a light on a 90+ day but drops back to 194 when I start driving. Is that "normal"? It's also supercharged and I've heard that makes them run alittle hot.

S/C's & heat do not do well together, ya might want to drop down a few degrees with a new stat...
Old 08-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #63456
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
S/C's & heat do not do well together, ya might want to drop down a few degrees with a new stat...
Ya usually it stats low but when I'm idling for long periods and then the fan kicks on and it goes down, how would I go about changing the stat?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #63457
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
^What he said.

TRD sells a 160* thermostat. It's pretty easy to change, right off the upper radiator hose. Part number is PTR04-35050
Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #63458
Keyboard commander

And that should cool it down ok?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #63459
SilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 7th Esb 1st FSSG
Name: RayRay
SilverGhost's Tacoma Gallery
It should allow the water to start flowing sooner so it will cool sooner then waiting until it gets really hot. It helps out.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #63460
slander will become famous soon enoughslander will become famous soon enough
slander's Tacoma Gallery
FINALLY finished all the grinding where the brackets were cut off on my rear fj80 axle. Now I just have to blast the rest of the rust off and order a bunch of parts so I can swap it in!

Products Discussed in this Thread