Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #63441
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My truck gets to 212 while idling at a light on a 90+ day but drops back to 194 when I start driving. Is that "normal"? It's also supercharged and I've heard that makes them run alittle hot.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #63442
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
My truck gets to 212 while idling at a light on a 90+ day but drops back to 194 when I start driving. Is that "normal"? It's also supercharged and I've heard that makes them run alittle hot.

S/C's & heat do not do well together, ya might want to drop down a few degrees with a new stat...
Old 08-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #63443
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
S/C's & heat do not do well together, ya might want to drop down a few degrees with a new stat...
Ya usually it stats low but when I'm idling for long periods and then the fan kicks on and it goes down, how would I go about changing the stat?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #63444
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
Quote:
^What he said.

TRD sells a 160* thermostat. It's pretty easy to change, right off the upper radiator hose. Part number is PTR04-35050
Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #63445
Keyboard commander

And that should cool it down ok?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #63446
SilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 7th Esb 1st FSSG
Name: RayRay
SilverGhost's Tacoma Gallery
It should allow the water to start flowing sooner so it will cool sooner then waiting until it gets really hot. It helps out.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #63447
slander will become famous soon enoughslander will become famous soon enough
slander's Tacoma Gallery
FINALLY finished all the grinding where the brackets were cut off on my rear fj80 axle. Now I just have to blast the rest of the rust off and order a bunch of parts so I can swap it in!
Old 08-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #63448
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Mini shakedown run for sfa and the freshly installed twin sticks

Was a 100 mile trip one way, everything went smooth and road manors were great! slight vibe around 70 but I believe its a tire issue.. Twinsticks are worth every damn penny imo as well! Install was fairly easy, took about 3 hours with a bad shoulder. Have to drop the tcase and split it open to make some modifications but everything runs good as new! Gears, and tires and she'll be done.. for a couple weeks anyway

Old 08-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #63449
Keyboard commander

There's a guy on the local classifieds selling all pro ucas anyone know if there any good?
Old 08-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #63450
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Mini shakedown run for sfa and the freshly installed twin sticks

Was a 100 mile trip one way, everything went smooth and road manors were great! slight vibe around 70 but I believe its a tire issue.. Twinsticks are worth every damn penny imo as well! Install was fairly easy, took about 3 hours with a bad shoulder. Have to drop the tcase and split it open to make some modifications but everything runs good as new! Gears, and tires and she'll be done.. for a couple weeks anyway

Truck is looking badass Chad !! Well done ...

I love the "no doors".. good for a quick emergency exit....
Old 08-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #63451
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Truck is looking badass Chad !! Well done ...

I love the "no doors".. good for a quick emergency exit....
Thanks Doug!

I had my tube doors on though, im not to keen on traveling with no doors at all. The tube doors latch just like the factory doors so it wouldn't be quite the quick escape, more or less just hold the hell on and enjoy the ride haha
Old 08-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #63452
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Well... was going to 'tate the ters and change the erl but it decided to rain while I was at the grocery store. Now the truck is sitting in a puddle in the garage.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #63453
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
Damn good time yesterday fellas...Took a nice little trip up to Spartanburg.

New Dakars, welded shock location, U-bolt flip, twin stick mods all work together nicely.....Video will be posted shortly.

And did some light cleaning today.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #63454
EASY WIND
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dirty Pool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
^What he said.

TRD sells a 160* thermostat. It's pretty easy to change, right off the upper radiator hose. Part number is PTR04-35050
In the real world it's off the lower radiator hose.

OP, make sure the jiggle valve on the stat is in the 6 o'clock position. Many folks install them in the 12 o'clock position resulting in around a 10 degree temp increase.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #63455
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
For any tech nerds out there....The new Sony XSP-N1BT is where its at.

Your phone completely integrates with your head unit thru NFC and BlueTooth.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #63456
Keyboard commander

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

New wheel spacers
Old 08-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #63458
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
New tires. 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro M/T. Tested them out today and they seem to work pretty well

2014-08-17_07-27-51
by Lamoureux33, on Flickr

2014-08-17 16.52.35
by Lamoureux33, on Flickr
Old 08-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #63459
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Drove 400 miles with my heat on full blast with my windows down because my ultra gauge was telling me it was gettin pretty hot. 212 degrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Pool View Post
In the real world it's off the lower radiator hose.

OP, make sure the jiggle valve on the stat is in the 6 o'clock position. Many folks install them in the 12 o'clock position resulting in around a 10 degree temp increase.
Ffirg- the jiggle valve mod really helped my temps. My temps were typically 204-210 and an occasional 212 on the highway. I would blast the heater as well which was horrible in the 100 degree Texas heat. Anyway after rotating the thermostat my temps are now 188-192 which for me is about a 20 degree change. I suggest checking how the jiggle valve is positioned and then the hoses. Hope one of these works out for you!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #63460
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Workin on teh shock mounts

DSC09860 by wyo_taco45, on Flickr

Products Discussed in this Thread