Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #14341
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I call it the light side, it was right in the first place, why change it? And it's not for sure, just lurking for possibilities. We'll see
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #14342
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Found a sweet little offroad place in Sandy, UT.

Went mudding, slammed my frame, and blasted my side panel.

What can I do to stop this paint from chipping everywhere?? I need to fab up some sliders asap- but in the mean time...what is this part called?

I'm debating on rhino lining the bottom section up to about 1/4 where the long body line is between fender flares, but that might be spendy and I'm not sure if I can afford it right now. Anybody have any suggestions what can I do?? I've got some spare Plasti-Derp, so debating on throwing that on that bottom small section- not from the body line, but the bottom section across starting under the door.
Those are your rocker panels. I destroyed my passenger side one last summer.

I did touch up paint and clear nail polish as a top coat. It last through th e winter but is now flaking off. Some surface rust showing too.

I have to take care of it again.

Your best bet is to inhibit the rust now, herculine/bedline, if that's the route you want to go (cheaper than rhino or line-x) and then get sliders.

Oh, and welcome to the club

Old 05-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #14343
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Found a sweet little offroad place in Sandy, UT.

Went mudding, slammed my frame, and blasted my side panel.

What can I do to stop this paint from chipping everywhere?? I need to fab up some sliders asap- but in the mean time...what is this part called?

I'm debating on rhino lining the bottom section up to about 1/4 where the long body line is between fender flares, but that might be spendy and I'm not sure if I can afford it right now. Anybody have any suggestions what can I do?? I've got some spare Plasti-Derp, so debating on throwing that on that bottom small section- not from the body line, but the bottom section across starting under the door.
Sand it down, prime it, then Raptor line those rockers!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #14344
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Sweet! I love mine. Yours look a little matte. Do you know what kind of finish they have? I think there were a few different ones.

And, if you don't mind sharing, how much $$$?
No problem as far as the cost I bought 4 completely re manufactured striped, painted and clear coated, shipped to me $400,( no center caps) E bay I was very pleased with the quality of the work, plus they sent return label to send back old wheels with a buy back offer if you want.

I bought 4 OEM center caps for $10 ea and refinished them my self the hardest part was masking the Toyota logo in the center.

Walmart swapped tires and balanced for $30.

The finish I can't comment on as far as the color, looks a little lighter in color than I thougth they should be I will have to compared to a 4 Runner if I see on on the street.

I still see the E bay add on line for the wheels its a $115 or make offer deal, I offered $100.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #14345
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post

Found that part the other day while I was installing my lights and had no idea what it was. I was going to take a pic and ask what it was on here. Thanks for the answer lol
Haha your welcome
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #14347
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
No problem as far as the cost I bought 4 completely re manufactured striped, painted and clear coated, shipped to me $400,( no center caps) E bay I was very pleased with the quality of the work, plus they sent return label to send back old wheels with a buy back offer if you want.

I bought 4 OEM center caps for $10 ea and refinished them my self the hardest part was masking the Toyota logo in the center.

Walmart swapped tires and balanced for $30.

The finish I can't comment on as far as the color, looks a little lighter in color than I thougth they should be I will have to compared to a 4 Runner if I see on on the street.

I still see the E bay add on line for the wheels its a $115 or make offer deal, I offered $100.
These it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refinished-T...ht_3443wt_1141

And did you have to get new lug nuts?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #14348
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
removed the TRD bedside decals in preperation to get Sock'd

Placed an order w/ Wheelers!!
5leaf pack, 5100s, toytec 1" shackle, greasable main eye kit, ubolts, and a buncha bushings for the rear

OME 90004, 5mm trim packer for the front (already scooped up 881s, 10mm spacers and extended studs)

Nice! I had the same setup on my truck minus the 1" shackle and I wanted it with my camper shell and the truck loaded down. Should be a perfect setup!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #14349
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered some paracord for my steering wheel. Wanna see if I can paracord wrap it, like you would a knife handle. Have no idea how its going to turn out, lol
Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #14350
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
removed the TRD bedside decals in preperation to get Sock'd

Placed an order w/ Wheelers!!
5leaf pack, 5100s, toytec 1" shackle, greasable main eye kit, ubolts, and a buncha bushings for the rear

OME 90004, 5mm trim packer for the front (already scooped up 881s, 10mm spacers and extended studs)
5100s? Coulda sworn they were sold out as well...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #14351
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
Nice! I had the same setup on my truck minus the 1" shackle and I wanted it with my camper shell and the truck loaded down. Should be a perfect setup!
Great to hear!! did you install yourself? I find myself with some time on my hads (read - "left my job" so I plan on doing it myself. I don't have air tools however, will that be a problem?
Also, what size tires did you run? I'm gonna have to stick with the 265/75/16 for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
5100s? Coulda sworn they were sold out as well...
adjustable 5100s for the front are still sold out, these are for the rear only
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #14352
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
And did you have to get new lug nuts?
No, you can reuse TRD aluminum lug nuts.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #14353
‹ber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Ordered some paracord for my steering wheel. Wanna see if I can paracord wrap it, like you would a knife handle. Have no idea how its going to turn out, lol
Nice! That's a great idea. I may do the same depending how yours turns out! My steering wheel cover is beyond needing to be replaced...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #14354
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
One of my friends did that to his jeep when the handle was worn out it came out good and I've thought about doing it to my truck.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #14355
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
@tipicotaco
I never used air tools swapping leafs. Everything went smooth, must be my strength or that I sprayed everything with pb blast for a week straight lol.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #14356
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got a replacement antenna for my Taco after a crackhead (im assuming) stole my old one.
Now i need to find a replacement ashtray :/
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #14357
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Got a replacement antenna for my Taco after a crackhead (im assuming) stole my old one.
Now i need to find a replacement ashtray :/
Post up in the "I want free stuff" and the marketplace.

I'm sure there are a few guys who have mounted a CB there and have an ashtray lying around
Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #14358
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Post up in the "I want free stuff" and the marketplace.

I'm sure there are a few guys who have mounted a CB there and have an ashtray lying around
alright thanks for the help, ill check it out.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #14359
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Very interested to see results.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #14360
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the WeatherTech bug deflector,wind guards on the windows and took it to the dealer for it's 30K mile maintenance (it now has 34K miles on it). They checked the driveline fluids and said I had another 15K to go on them. The plugs looked good and everything else checked out OK. Also bought and assembled a "survivor kit" of a tube jack, 4 Way lug wrench, tow strap, shovel, tool kit, several wood blocks and 12v air compressor.

When you consider that this truck will be my everyday driver and will spend a third of it's time in city traffic, a third of it's time going long distances and the other third on our ranch or looking for trout streams, I've just about got it outfitted.

Gawd I love my truck!

Products Discussed in this Thread