Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #14361
‹ber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Ordered some paracord for my steering wheel. Wanna see if I can paracord wrap it, like you would a knife handle. Have no idea how its going to turn out, lol
Nice! That's a great idea. I may do the same depending how yours turns out! My steering wheel cover is beyond needing to be replaced...
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #14362
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ordered some paracord for my steering wheel. Wanna see if I can paracord wrap it, like you would a knife handle. Have no idea how its going to turn out, lol
One of my friends did that to his jeep when the handle was worn out it came out good and I've thought about doing it to my truck.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #14363
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
@tipicotaco
I never used air tools swapping leafs. Everything went smooth, must be my strength or that I sprayed everything with pb blast for a week straight lol.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #14364
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got a replacement antenna for my Taco after a crackhead (im assuming) stole my old one.
Now i need to find a replacement ashtray :/
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #14365
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Got a replacement antenna for my Taco after a crackhead (im assuming) stole my old one.
Now i need to find a replacement ashtray :/
Post up in the "I want free stuff" and the marketplace.

I'm sure there are a few guys who have mounted a CB there and have an ashtray lying around
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #14366
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Post up in the "I want free stuff" and the marketplace.

I'm sure there are a few guys who have mounted a CB there and have an ashtray lying around
alright thanks for the help, ill check it out.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #14367
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Very interested to see results.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #14368
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the WeatherTech bug deflector,wind guards on the windows and took it to the dealer for it's 30K mile maintenance (it now has 34K miles on it). They checked the driveline fluids and said I had another 15K to go on them. The plugs looked good and everything else checked out OK. Also bought and assembled a "survivor kit" of a tube jack, 4 Way lug wrench, tow strap, shovel, tool kit, several wood blocks and 12v air compressor.

When you consider that this truck will be my everyday driver and will spend a third of it's time in city traffic, a third of it's time going long distances and the other third on our ranch or looking for trout streams, I've just about got it outfitted.

Gawd I love my truck!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #14369
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
sold the tailgate and took off the plastic bed liner in anticipation of a new spare tire carrier I should be picking up tomorrow

Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #14370
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOkie View Post
Installed the WeatherTech bug deflector,wind guards on the windows and took it to the dealer for it's 30K mile maintenance (it now has 34K miles on it). They checked the driveline fluids and said I had another 15K to go on them. The plugs looked good and everything else checked out OK. Also bought and assembled a "survivor kit" of a tube jack, 4 Way lug wrench, tow strap, shovel, tool kit, several wood blocks and 12v air compressor.

When you consider that this truck will be my everyday driver and will spend a third of it's time in city traffic, a third of it's time going long distances and the other third on our ranch or looking for trout streams, I've just about got it outfitted.

Gawd I love my truck!
34K on a 2002?

Old 05-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #14371
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
I added a Westin Sportsman Grille Guard. It's mounted at 4 different places. It doesn't shake at all while I'm driving like some grille guards do. It seems really solid.

Obviously it won't hold up too everything, but I try too avoid running into other cars, polar bears and barns.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #14372

ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
34K on a 2002?

Hey I've put 10K on it since I bought it in January! The lady I bought it from took great care of it, just never drove it! So I'm doing my best to make sure it runs for several hundred thousand miles.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #14373
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey I've put 10K on it since I bought it in January! The lady I bought it from took great care of it, just never drove it! So I'm doing my best to make sure it runs for several hundred thousand miles.
Nice find.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #14374
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I re-torqued three of my left front lug nuts that had magically loosened completely and replaced one that had spun it's way completely off. Was making a terrible clunking sound from that area and now that sound has disappeared
Old 05-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #14375
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
I re-torqued three of my left front lug nuts that had magically loosened completely and replaced one that had spun it's way completely off. Was making a terrible clunking sound from that area and now that sound has disappeared
It's domestic cars' trunk monkeys I tell you!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #14376

ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Nice find.
Thanks. It was basically everything I wanted. 1st Gen, 5-Speed Manual, 4WD TRD, 6 cyl, access cab. The 24,500 miles was a bonus. I was about to buy a 2000 TRD with 120K miles when my lady put her truck up on CraigsList. That was Christmas Eve, I went look at it Christmas morning and knew I had to have it. I emailed her immediately to set up a test drive and got first dibs the next day. By the time we got back from the test drive there were two other people waiting to look at the truck so I paid her Blue Book price and I've been a happy man ever since!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #14377
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. It was basically everything I wanted. 1st Gen, 5-Speed Manual, 4WD TRD, 6 cyl, access cab. The 24,500 miles was a bonus. I was about to buy a 2000 TRD with 120K miles when my lady put her truck up on CraigsList. That was Christmas Eve, I went look at it Christmas morning and knew I had to have it. I emailed her immediately to set up a test drive and got first dibs the next day. By the time we got back from the test drive there were two other people waiting to look at the truck so I paid her Blue Book price and I've been a happy man ever since!
Ho-lee krap. You scored big time. Congrats. I assume the frame is not rusted out...
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #14378
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Swapped the stock horn with a FREE Toyota one I got at the yard. Don't know what vehicle it came off of, just picked it out of a bin. I don't know which one is more annoying!

Stock
http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0214.mp4

Replacement
http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0224.mp4

Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #14379

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Swapped the stock horn with a FREE Toyota one I got at the yard. Don't know what vehicle it came off of, just picked it out of a bin. I don't know which one is more annoying!

Stock
http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0214.mp4

Replacement
http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0224.mp4
Don't know why, but I'm laughing my ass off.

You went from a love bug to a clown car!

How bad are our horns?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #14380
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
ARGH! I can never get Quicktime to work!

Products Discussed in this Thread