Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Prerunner Bumper Build

Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
My Prerunner Bumper Build

So my buddy built a prerunner bumper for his dakota out of 1 1/2" 120 wall tubing and it came out great he designed it himself and I decided i had to put one on my truck. So i began with making frame mounts so this would be a bolt on bumper. I made the mounts out of 1/8" very durable material. Next i went and bought some 1 1/2'' tubing about 30 feet came out to $60 with two light tabs! So then i went to his high school and bent up the tubing off his angles of his bumper. And I welded it up and painted it gloss black , added a skidplate, and my two lights and it came out AWESOME. Makes the truck look so aggresive now. But all i need now is tires. LOL . And since i removed the Oem bumper i added led turn signals strips under the headlights.
Here are the Pics , sorry they are crappy phone pics my camera's charger is lost.

I will get some better pics soon.
Started out like this

All finished. I moved the license plate to the skidplate now.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job man!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Is it held on by 2 bolts?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
Is it held on by 2 bolts?
Yes, the mounts are boxed nice and tight to the frame , need a mallet to get it off. Almost need a lock on it .LOL . Altought i probably wont fit any other truck, the truck was in a crash from the front right in the past and the frame is bent.

Thanks Guys
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you are amped about it. = ) sounds great. Material and some free education... then ur set. I like the diy-ness of it as the biggest bonus. That woulda cost u to just go out and purchase a similar product. Looks pretty solid! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #9
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Did you powder coat?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #10
E-Fabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Did you powder coat?

No , Lol spray paint. it came out really good. Did you decide on tint yet? and do you have the deckplate mod ?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
If your set on just mounting with those 2 bolts, you might want to beef up your end caps, if you hit anything with that, they will crush and it will ruin your front end.

Search endcap mod on ttora.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #12

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
No , Lol spray paint. it came out really good. Did you decide on tint yet? and do you have the deckplate mod ?

Go flat black. Yeah, 35 on the front and 20 on the rears. No deckplate, I want to though
Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man. good job