Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

buying tacoma- with multiple buyers interested *help*

Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
DingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura about
DingDong's Tacoma Gallery
buying tacoma- with multiple buyers interested *help*

So i found a tacoma on craigslist: 2004 TRD 4x4 etc. etc.
72,000 miles

Seller is selling for $11,500 because there is a little body damage to the front fender.

I talked to him today, and he said that he is showing it on sunday, and that he already has a potential buyer that is going to be there also.

How do I come out on top!??
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
get out and see it today.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Not play his game... if you play the bidding war you'll likely get screwed. If there is a buyer is lined up, you're in second place... tell the seller you're interested if the other guy falls through and move on...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
DingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
get out and see it today.
I cant

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Not play his game... if you play the bidding war you'll likely get screwed. If there is a buyer is lined up, you're in second place... tell the seller you're interested if the other guy falls through and move on...
How so? I just sold my other vehicle, and have the money available to do a sale that day.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
hes showing it from 12-2 at a local shopping center.
sorry i didnt state that...so i can see it any earlier.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoter16 View Post
get there at 11 and wait for him. first come first serve
ya thats the plan so far.

*For anyone else checking this thread out
If i cant take it in to a shop to get it inspected, what are some things i should make sure i checkout??
Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe the other possible buyer is just a buddy of his and is going to help him raise the price by bidding against you. You never know.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Look for oil leaking out of the diff, blown shocks..leaking cv's
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRun View Post
Maybe the other possible buyer is just a buddy of his and is going to help him raise the price by bidding against you. You never know.
thats a good point, but i kinda doubt that. these trucks with low miles have been selling like hot-cakes. I dont think anyone would necessarily need to enlist the help of a friend to get buyers bid against eachother.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoter16 View Post
check the engine dip stick, if it has burn marks on the bottom that means its been run way to low on oil. if its an automatic tranny check the tranny dip stick, not quite sure what color the tranny fluid should be. and check the glove box for service records. when you take it for a drive make sure there is no weird noises and if you have a chance and it is a auto tranny, floor it for as long as you can, it should shift perfectly right at 6,000 RPMS for each gear. if it doesnt the tranny isnt in the best of shape
its a manual
Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I sell a car, I always tell whoever is looking at it that I have other people scheduled to come look at it later. Usually, I really don't have anyone else coming to look at it, but it gives me leverage. It's all a game.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could just buy mine for 9k and instead of getting a stock truck, you'd be getting a trd offroad 4x4 with few grand in suspension upgrades and offroad goodies.......

disclaimer: "feeler" - truck is NFS yet :-D
Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
he could be hustlin you, just so you can hurry and buy for his price
Old 02-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
show up early, and with cashola on hand for a deposit so he knows you mean business. Also make sure a receipt is exchanged if deposit is made.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengineer View Post
Or you could just buy mine for 9k and instead of getting a stock truck, you'd be getting a trd offroad 4x4 with few grand in suspension upgrades and offroad goodies.......

disclaimer: "feeler" - truck is NFS yet :-D
how many miles on yours?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well, the way I work when selling something is the first offer has first go. If someone else comes along and wants what I'm selling I tell them that I already have someone interested and if it falls through I will notify them. If the second person shows up before the original buyer I'll kindly let them know that I'm not interested in selling to them and move on.

Just saying.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #17
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Well, the way I work when selling something is the first offer has first go. If someone else comes along and wants what I'm selling I tell them that I already have someone interested and if it falls through I will notify them. If the second person shows up before the original buyer I'll kindly let them know that I'm not interested in selling to them and move on.

Just saying.
Thats what I would do if all those people that called actually showed up.
With me, its whoever puts the money in my hand first. I'm not going to turn down a sale based on the word of someone I've never met.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #18
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
how many miles on yours?
155,xxx

just changed cv's (they had cracks - but no tears), and spark plugs. I baby this thing....gets a new part if I hear so much as a whimper
winch is almost brand new (<2 months)
custom front steel bumper
lots of suspension upgrades you can see in build thread.
engine is stock besides K&N drop in filter

nada is like 11k, but thats usually high. I have been goin back and forth about selling it because I like the dodge cummins so much.

I will prolly be putting up a "For Sale" thread sometime in the near future.