1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No start

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by MAUKAKANE, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Feb 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM
    MAUKAKANE

MAUKAKANE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steevo
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed
    Small lift
    I have got a 95 Taco with a 2.7 an I am at a loss as to wut to do next. Here is my issue.The truck started out having prolonged starts which progressively got worse. But once started would run fine. Then it started stalling an it would take a while to restart. Then it died all together. After diagnosing it thoroughly i found the igniter to be bad as there was no spark. After replacing it, still no start but at least now its got spark. It also has injector pulse and the compression is great. Yes the timing is perfect. No there are no trouble codes. It seems as if the injectors are flooding out the spark cause as soon as i pull the plugs they are soaked with fuel. Thats after cranking for a short time too. The fuel pressure is normal also. So I disconnect the injectors and shoot starting fluid and it will run. But as soon as I connect the injectors it doesnt start again. I think its the ECU but thats an expensive guess. I wanna b sure that its the ECU before I even consider buying another one. Anyone got some thoughts?!

2. Feb 13, 2011 at 3:04 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Its sounds like you eliminated all the fuel issues. The only thing i would check is to see if a wire is grounding somewhere.

3. Feb 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    MAUKAKANE

MAUKAKANE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steevo
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed
    Small lift
    I've confirmed that the harness is grounded properly and all the way to the ECU. I think mayb inside the ECU there may be an issue. But I need some suggestions.

Products Discussed in

To Top