Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what should my alignment specs. be?

Old 02-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
mixaro is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
mixaro's Tacoma Gallery
what should my alignment specs. be?

ok my yota is finally going in for the frame change, and i was wondering what m alignment specs. should be, cause it's been a while since i aligned it. i have the LR upper control arms, billy 5100's at 0 with the ome 882 springs. along with the diff drop.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
They will align it automatically for you. No need to worry. Post pictures of the new frame when it's all said and done
Old 02-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #3

Air Force:
mixaro's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but the last time i had them align it before i had the lift the f-ed everything up so i want to tell them what i want them to be.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If they f it up. Make them re-do it. Tell them you feel unsafe and it's costing you $ in parts to replace the tires and suspension etc lol
Old 02-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #5

Air Force:
mixaro's Tacoma Gallery
well the last time they did it was like 3 years ago, i had it aligned by my brother inlaw after the lift (best damn mechanic i've seen) and we did it at the ford garage he works at on a sunday (yeah i know i went to a ford garage). anyway it's going in for the frame tomorrow, and i'm just scared that they are going to f something up, cause my local toyota garage does not have the best rep. from my experience and from what other people have told me.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
I had my frame replaced and had ome 881, 5100s and icon aal put in by the dealership. Everything is good for me!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #7

Air Force:
mixaro's Tacoma Gallery
well thats a sigh of relief cause all i heard about is the horror shows on here. i just want my truck back they way i left it.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

God damn stealerships... Well if all else fails, take it back to the ford and get it aligned. At least you know your brother in-law is repuable.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Exactly. I guess just trust the stealership on this. And watch your treadware. Also make sure it drives straight.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Getting a high enough caster setting is usually the problem with stock UCAs. Your LR UCAs can be set at 2.0 degrees of positive caster to start with.

Ask for a detailed report on what they set the alignment to. You do not have to accept that old line about how they were able to get into spec. Ask for the exact settings they used.

Toe and camber should be 0 degrees for both sides. With your UCAs caster should be at least 2.4 degrees. Somewhere between 2.4 and 3.0 is ideal.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
fshams is on a distinguished road

fshams's Tacoma Gallery
Frame Replacement

How long did you have to wait before you received a call from the dealer to take your truck in for the frame replacement? I've been waiting since October and still no frame!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #13
Bob
Namdis is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
Namdis's Tacoma Gallery
Imagine you figured out the answer to this question (how long does it take for the dealership to get the replacement frame in) . My dealership gave me a 2012 Tacoma the day they looked at the frame. Took a total of 2 weeks for the regional rep to come down and ok the replacment and get the new frame in. Two more weeks to do the work.