1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sprayer button doesn't work? How do you change it?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by MapleMoose, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Feb 15, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose [OP] Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Hi, I have recently bought my first Tacoma. Its a '97 trd with high kms. Ive been doing most of the work on it thanks to all the info on the internet.

But the only thing i cant seem to fix or find related problems with is the sprayer button. Im talking about the button that controls the sprayer on the control arm. I have fiddled with the wire inside, but no luck... Do i have to replace the whole arm? HELP!

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    The windshield washer spray?

3. Feb 15, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
  4. Feb 15, 2011 at 5:43 PM
    tacod

tacod Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kemblesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    '04 Xtra V6 TRD 4x4
    if the switch is definitely bad, the whole arm is the answer...the switch likely grounds the washer motor, so a test would be to mimic that activity and see if the washer motor runs. if it does, probably the switch...if it doesn't, it could be the motor...but if the wiring is similar to my '04, it's very basic and there's not many options (switch, motor, wires, fuse -- but if your wipers work, the fuse is good).

5. Feb 15, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose [OP] Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Thanks!

Yes the pump still works, because i made the mistake and bought a new one while the old one was still working. The wipers work too so its sounds like the switch is the problem. Most likely a disconnected wire. Thats a fairly big job isnt it? Dont you have to remove the airbag?... Not looking forward to it.

6. Feb 16, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    PHaslam

PHaslam Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    3 inch lift
    i just bought a 98 Taco with the same problem(wipers work but the sprayer doesn't) be sure to check the wires on the electrical connector going to the washer motor (passenger side front wheel well). I found one broken wire that not only stoped the washer from working, when it got wet it would cause the wipers to short out and they would turn on and stay on by themselves. Just take a look before you pull the switch on the inside could save you some work!

Products Discussed in

To Top