Notices

Tacoma vs floods

Old 09-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma vs floods

Hello,

Lot of rain here in Northern VA and I need to drive my 02' Taco pre-runner to higher ground but I have to go through about half a mile of flooding that reaches and passes the underbelly of the truck. Can the truck make it? What about water damage?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Your gonna have some trouble making it. I'm in Maryland and getting hit with the same stuff. If you have to though. Throw sand bags in the back or concrete or something. The ass end will be floating if you don't.

GO VERY SLOW!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
If you absolutely have to do it be cautious b/c even though it may look somewhat calm it can still move you pretty good. But other than that only thing you would have to worry about is your rearend sucking water in.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys...I made it through. I placed some sand bags in the bed and drove slow. Truck still runs the same. I hope Toyota sealed up the drivetrain parts pretty good because water inside the transmission is bad.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Good going - The rain is just starting now in Conn. (4:30)
Old 09-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
Thanks guys...I made it through. I placed some sand bags in the bed and drove slow. Truck still runs the same. I hope Toyota sealed up the drivetrain parts pretty good because water inside the transmission is bad.
if the rear diff was submerged,even just a bit....you may wanna change the rear diff oil. water in there is gonna play hell on the gearsif any got in there.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
Glad to hear it... I had to do it a couple times in my 99 pre-runner.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 AM   #8
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
How is someone gonna ask for help.. get the help needed than talk shit about the helpers truck?
Old 09-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #9
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
what is a poleman anyway? that just sounds gay in its self
Old 09-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
what is a poleman anyway? that just sounds gay in its self
dont worry about him....that little bitch got banned this morning. try to help a guy out, and ya get shit on......i say good riddance!!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #11
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How did I get a rep from a N/A thread...
Old 09-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #12
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
dont worry about him....that little bitch got banned this morning. try to help a guy out, and ya get shit on......i say good riddance!!
He definately made his rounds last night. I'm gonna miss that guy.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
He definately made his rounds last night. I'm gonna miss that guy.
i went to bed kinda early, so i must have missed alot of what happened. all i know is that a few of us recieved some very shitty pm's from that little prick!!! what did he do last night man??
Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
there is no thread.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #15

Quote:
what thread was it?? was it neg shit from that poleman prick??
Old 09-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #16
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Quote:
i went to bed kinda early, so i must have missed alot of what happened. all i know is that a few of us recieved some very shitty pm's from that little prick!!! what did he do last night man??
I was gonna give you a link to one of the threads but they deleted it already.
He got crazy bent out of shape over a rude comment that someone made. Definately wasn't worth the reaction. Then me and derekabraham called him on it and he went on pm'ing rampage. Hit atleast half a dozen of us them.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
I was gonna give you a link to one of the threads but they deleted it already.
He got crazy bent out of shape over a rude comment that someone made. Definately wasn't worth the reaction. Then me and derekabraham called him on it and he went on pm'ing rampage. Hit atleast half a dozen of us them.
damn.....went off his rocker, huh????
Old 09-17-2008, 08:29 AM   #18
Sticks For Troops

Nah it was reps from tigerfan.. i think it was socolax rant thread...

and my for fun thread just got shot down by lsocoee's lazzer
Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #19

Quote:
damn.....went off his rocker, huh????
I think it all started with post #20 of this thread, but his reaction to it has been deleted.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...aco-owner.html
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Nah it was reps from tigerfan.. i think it was socolax rant thread...

and my for fun thread just got shot down by lsocoee's lazzer
hell yeah, and i was too late to get in on your for fun thread!!!