1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hood spacers???? HawaiiBig lift, small wide tires??? why

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by snoozeworm, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 18, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    kumaWRX

kumaWRX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jase
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Offroad PreRunner 3.4L V6
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, Toytec 1" lift shackles, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, aFE Stg. 2 intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler, 16x8 ProComp 7089 wheels, Toyo Open Country A/T tires, Pamalu bedliner, Bakflip G2 bedcover
    Absolutely not! Everything in Hawaii is a lot more expensive, that's why most of the parts on my truck came from Wheeler's Offroad.

To the OP, it's just a unique Hawaii thing(good or bad) and although most are mall crawlers, there are a lot that just prefer that setup for muddy offroading. My friend's old Toyota truck has the "Hawaii" setup and he goes anywhere on the island and never gets stuck and also it makes the truck hard to tip over as well.

As for the hood spacers, I made my own hood spacers for my WRX. I did this about 5 years ago and at that time I was one of the only people with hood spacers. I did it because to me it looked unique and more aggressive. But I found it does have a good purpose, after I park my car I feel all the heat from the engine bay escaping. Trapped engine bay heat is what kills all your rubber components under the hood.

2. Feb 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Lol now i did it

3. Feb 18, 2011 at 12:25 AM
    mstang

mstang New Member

Member:
    808 Hawaii You know were your from!
    Vehicle:
    06 toy Dbl cab 4x4
    black out head lights & HID HID 35w fog lights,back up bulb 883 mod,
    That's how in 808 state. You know were u from! Allllll Riiight!!!

4. Feb 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    shoot, look what i've done! :eek:

5. Feb 18, 2011 at 1:13 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Shit now you did it and did it again:D

6. Feb 18, 2011 at 1:43 AM
    808matt

808matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
    7 years ago this was big with the drifters when the track was open. our cars temp would rise after a few laps

7. Feb 18, 2011 at 2:04 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    we've gotta do something about this, you keep bumping it up!

8. Feb 18, 2011 at 2:33 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry to bump this up again... but about the hood spacers when I used to own a 2005 Subaru WRX STi hood spacers were a very popular mod if you want to even call it that. Mainly because unlike the EVO there is no venting on the stock hood and the turbocharged engine on the STi heats up REAL quick and burns up oil like there's no tomorrow. As a matter of fact I was having to add at least 1 qt. bottle every 2-3 weeks. Now adding a hood spacer to a naturally aspirated engine when there is no other definitive reason to add one is just retarded.

9. Feb 18, 2011 at 4:39 AM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    Why ask why drink bud dry

10. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    ryan757shaft

ryan757shaft Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma

Are you a dumbass? Your response to my quote makes no sense.

With my posts I make assumptions, forgive me. I assume that you can logically follow where I am going without explaining every step to you. Does anyone here have the mod done? He is asking people on this forum that I assume only consists of a small portion of a localized population (Hawaii in case you couldn't ascertain this information). Meaning in real life...face to face meetings. Not running to a screen(which is attached to a computer... much like a screen is attached to a box called a TV) Which I don't consider real life. Why you ask?because television is not MY LIFE it is a fictional(or non-fictional) depiction of some form of someone else's life or their fantasies or ideas.

If he honestly wanted to know WHY someone would want to go do it, he should go ask THOSE people. If he would ask the question in a genuine curious fashion, he may get a response IF someone on this site has that mod done. Then he can hear THAT PERSON's reason for doing it. Because of course 1 person can not speak for an entire population of people.

Primer prevents rust. so do all paint colors, and I believe spray paint does too. so if you get a chip in the paint & want to prevent the rust, why not just get some spray paint & cover it up. it is the most affordable & does the same job. Right?

Why not refer to them as imports? Slavery was around for thousands of years, yet it was socially accepted. Because ....guess what? IT WAS PRACTICAL . Confusing i know but just read on..... Not all practical things are good ideas, and not all good ideas are practical.

Now, what gets on my nerves are the spoilers on trucks.

Further more, my race has nothing to do with it. But your arrogance, poor choice of words(regardless of how long it's been used), and your ignorance I do not have a fondness for.

When a person is in the majority of the population(male, white, christian) so on & so on. they are granted (inexplicably, and erroneously) certain rights by society. One of which is being ignorant, which you use quite liberally. both of you.

Do you give a black man a pass for being ignorant? no. regardless of surroundings, people can make conscious efforts to move on from any situation?

The example & possibilities are endless.

Should you get a pass because you are some punk 20 year old kid who thinks he is the shit(because your bragging about a house, wife, truck thats paid for). Hell no,

I know this post may get deleted, or some of you may not understand it. & if you do it may seem that I am way off base. But I assure you, I am not high, i am in my right mind, I am correct(because being right is all in perspective), and the 2 of you should be corrected when you step out of line. You give humans(i would say white people but,again, thats only an assumption) a bad name.

If you wouldn't say what you say online to a person in real life(meaning when you leave your house & see someone in person) you probably shouldn't say it. Lord knows I would say all of this twice in a heartbeat.

oh yea,,,, those mods IMO are dumb as hell. I wouldn't do that.

11. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    Hood spacers look like shit!

12. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    ryan757shaft

ryan757shaft Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma
    Oh, and since you probably think i am broke & spiteful, Ill go head and let you know about me. Im 27 own 3 trucks 2 cars (one of which I am paying on), bought a house 2 years ago, put 25% down at purchase time. have $15k in an IRA account, own my own business. & back in school to get another degree.
    but congrats on your marriage. :)

13. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    ^ I hope your post stays and YOU get deleted with your trolling. The purpose of the thread was to ask real people who have done these mods. He did not intend to ask you. If you read all of the posts you will see real people replying from Hawaii. Nobody here is fictional. So yes his post worked and he (and me) already received the answers we were looking for.

14. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it

LOL actually nobody here gives a shit! We are here to ask a simple question and you have taken it waaaay too personal

15. Feb 18, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    any of you interested in a hood spacer GB? I think I found a vendor, if we can get over 20+ committed, we're looking at $55 a set

16. Feb 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The bottom line is:

WHO CARES what someone wants to do to their vehicle? ITS THEIR VEHICLE! People mod them the way THEY want to! Unless your making the payments for them, Leave it be! If you dont like it, by all means, dont do it to your ride!

17. Feb 18, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    AND LAY OFF THE NAME CALLING AND OTHER BULLSHIT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top