Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

SQUEAKING NOISE WHEN CAR IS MOVING

Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
TacomaPilot2004 is on a distinguished road
TacomaPilot2004's Tacoma Gallery
SQUEAKING NOISE WHEN CAR IS MOVING

Hey everyone,

I have a 2004 Tacoma V6 automatic 4x4 double cab. I just started noticing a squeaking noise coming from the left side of the car. I'm not 100% sure if its the front or back, but I think it's coming from the front.

It happens when the car is rolling, with or without the engine on. I can be in Drive and hear it, or I can start moving, power off the car in neutral, and still hear it.

I checked around the tires for anything obvious but didn't see anything. Does anyone have any idea what this could be??

Any help is appreciated!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Probably time for some new front brake pads.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
dswilder is on a distinguished road
dswilder's Tacoma Gallery
You may have fixed this already; however, I have a 2004 Toyota 4x4 V6 as well and had the same thing. It took 3 trips to the shop to find out that Toyota had a bad batch of wheel bearing seals and water would get in and rust them out. Once this was discovered and replaced it stopped. It was the rear right. I thought orginally it was a bad u joint but it was the wheel bearings. I hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My brakes squealed when the front pads needed replacing. It was really weird they would squeak going down the road but as soon as I tapped the brakes it went away. I figured there was no way it could be bad brake pads but sure enough it was. It'll be obvious if you jack it up and take off the wheel you think it's coming from. On mine the squeaker was just coming in contact with the edge of the rotor and had a groove worn in it from this. That'd be the first thing I recommend you check.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
You drive a truck...not a car OP.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe...maybe not....it is over a year old....

NECROPOST!!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit I never pay attention to the original dates before I post.

In the words of Charles Barkley: "I'm a dumbass"