LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen

Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #341
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
quick question for the guys running Old Man EMU springs on here, thought id post it here and not start a new thread. Would you guys recommend running the 880's or the 881's on a first gen double cab with a stock rear?(5100's in the back but no AAL)...will the 881's give me too much of a rake? im looking to get the truck leveled. Maybe a TAD bit higher in the front if I wanna throw on a plate bumper later....
Old 05-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #342
sgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of light
Army: Infantry
Name: Scott
sgrappone's Tacoma Gallery
881 if you run a plate bumper and no aal in the rear.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #343
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrappone View Post
881 if you run a plate bumper and no aal in the rear.
lets just say no plate bumper for now, would it be too big of a unproportional rake look or very little?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #344
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
It's an extra cab not a four door but look at my pictures.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #345
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
It's an extra cab not a four door but look at my pictures.
Perfect! Thanx! Hows the ride quality?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #346
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
No complaints here, definately stiffer, approximately 2 3/8" lift when first installed and I also used the 10mm Jeep JK spacers in place of the rubber isolators. It was very noticable when I changed out the worn out fronts.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #347
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Finally installed my OME kit. I went with 883s up front with Dakars w/AAL in the rear and nitrochargers all the way around. I've only driven it for a few minutes so far and it's in the shop getting an alignment and other work done. I'll get it back tomorrow and hopefully test it out more this weekend. So far the ride is WAY better than stock.

I took some rough measurements from hub to fender before and after. Up front I gained almost 4'' Keep in mind that was with stock springs that were sagging. In the rear I gained 3.5''.

I don't have great pics of before, but here's a few.

Before:

After:

I don't have a good pic of my CVs but they are a little steep. I'm waiting to see if the coils settle a little before installing a diff drop. I really don't want to put one in if I don't have to. A hybrid or plate bumper would help that out anyway. But that won't happen for a bit.

My tire size is 265/75/16 if anyone is wondering. I think it looks pretty awesome. I was worried the tires would look too small but I think it looks just right. I'd love to step up to 33s, but I don't wheel enough to justify that. I am planning on picking up new tires this summer but I think I'll stick to the size I have now unless I have a change of heart.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #348
2scars will become famous soon enough
Navy: AMH2
Name: Brandon
2scars's Tacoma Gallery
Measurements

I currently have 881s on Bilstein 5100s on the second notch. What are the guys (and girls?) running the Nitrochargers and 883s getting from hub center to fender. I have a tube bumper and my measurements are 23" from hub center to fender on an '04.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #349
michaelw.grey will become famous soon enough

EMS: EMT
michaelw.grey's Tacoma Gallery
so i just got done reading this whole thing. by far the best thread yet. Now im sold on the ome setup. Im ready to spend the $1500 it takes to do it right. So where is the best place again to order a full kit? wheelers?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #350
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelw.grey View Post
so i just got done reading this whole thing. by far the best thread yet. Now im sold on the ome setup. Im ready to spend the $1500 it takes to do it right. So where is the best place again to order a full kit? wheelers?
This is what my research netted me. I live not too far from Toytec so that's why there's no shipping. Obviously this will be a little different for you, but maybe helpful:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6401220
Old 06-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #351
jaunty is on a distinguished road
jaunty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i purchased mine from 4wheelparts and had it shipped to the store near me for free. it was like 930 bucks or so...

shop around.. there is a difference though, wheeler's comes with their own rear springs i think?

the parts # is arbometac04hk
Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #352
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunty View Post
i purchased mine from 4wheelparts and had it shipped to the store near me for free. it was like 930 bucks or so...

shop around.. there is a difference though, wheeler's comes with their own rear springs i think?

the parts # is arbometac04hk
No wheelers has there own springs but not in the ome complete kit. Every real OME kit should come with dakar leafs. I buy almost every thing from them and they are great! But I am also not far from there shop.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #353

It looks as if wheelers comes with all the extra goodies you need to make it just how one might like it. I would realy like to stick to all ome brand stuff. I feel it just makes things simpler in my mind. And I like that they will assemble the struts before shipping. Im about to check out toytec and see what they have to offer.

edit: just notticed wheelers ome kit does not come with dif. drop. I will try to add that in too. Now the big question, what size spring?

and thank you guys for all the help. it is much appriciated

edit again: wow! Icon set up is beutiful! $5000 later. Wish I was rich. I see lots of guys on here that have money pit issus with long travel stuff. Seems to make more sence and get icon setup and just enjoy that. but thats only in my dreams. ome is where im staying. Just need to get it right the first time.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #354
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
stinkyspice's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the 882 spring!! I don't think you will regret it
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #355
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Order here!

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/sus_Tacoma.html
Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #356
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 882s. Love them and I ran them stock bumpers too.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #357

thank you box rocket, I will be in contact with them and wheelers to see who can give me the best customer service. imo thats the most important factor in making a big purchase such as this.

stinkyspice and darkshark, did the 882's give a rough ride(worse than stock) not looking for a cadilac just hate spilling my drink going over speed bumps. and did they put the cv's at too great an angle? I got the v6 auto trans ext cab, and wont be getting a hd bumper/winch for a few years. I like the idea of a little extra lift without using spacers just dont want to overdue it.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #358
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thank you box rocket, I will be in contact with them and wheelers to see who can give me the best customer service. imo thats the most important factor in making a big purchase such as this.

If that's the case, I highly doubt you can find better customer service than with Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. He could teach everyone a thing or two about customer service.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #359
jaunty is on a distinguished road
jaunty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It looks as if wheelers comes with all the extra goodies you need to make it just how one might like it. I would realy like to stick to all ome brand stuff. I feel it just makes things simpler in my mind. And I like that they will assemble the struts before shipping. Im about to check out toytec and see what they have to offer.

edit: just notticed wheelers ome kit does not come with dif. drop. I will try to add that in too. Now the big question, what size spring?

and thank you guys for all the help. it is much appriciated

edit again: wow! Icon set up is beutiful! $5000 later. Wish I was rich. I see lots of guys on here that have money pit issus with long travel stuff. Seems to make more sence and get icon setup and just enjoy that. but thats only in my dreams. ome is where im staying. Just need to get it right the first time.

FYI this is a KIT that is manufactured by ARB (they bought OME). They sell them to all these vendors who mark them up and sell it for more. These KITS come with all ARB OME dakar leafs and your choice of 880 (light duty) or 881 (heavy duty) coils. The rear leafs are the same with both kits.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #360

I notticed that as well but arb sells everything one piece at a time and not as a whole kit. and only offers the 880 and 881. i might go with the 882 or 883. not sure yet. and it seems that these venders have the ome(arb) kits cheeper as a bundle than ARB sells it for on their website.

Box rocket, thank u also. I look forward to talking to kurt

Products Discussed in this Thread