Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #381
jm82 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jm82's Tacoma Gallery
Before and after pics respectively of the complete OME suspension. With the way it sits right now, I want to throw on an AAL to the dakars but I'll wait to see how she sits with the front and rear bumpers when I put them on. The ride quality is 1,000 times better than the 11 year old stock suspension, and I'm sure the added weight will make the 883s ride even better. Best money I've spent on this truck yet!
Attached Thumbnails
OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-img_0440.jpg   OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-img_0654.jpg  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #382
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
Yeah I have the AAL in the back but I desperately need new leaf springs. Waiting to put the new front bumper and winch on before I decide which ones to buy.
What AAL is that? 1.5 or 2"?
Old 07-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #383
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm82 View Post
Before and after pics respectively of the complete OME suspension. With the way it sits right now, I want to throw on an AAL to the dakars but I'll wait to see how she sits with the front and rear bumpers when I put them on. The ride quality is 1,000 times better than the 11 year old stock suspension, and I'm sure the added weight will make the 883s ride even better. Best money I've spent on this truck yet!
Tire specs please

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #384
jm82 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jm82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Tire specs please

Thanks.
I'm running 265/75/16 BFG all terrains
Old 07-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #385
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks.

I think I'm sold on 32x11.5s for my next tire.

Really wish they made 32x10.5s though
Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #386
ToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dane
ToyTacosRule's Tacoma Gallery
What is the best online site to order dakars from?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #387
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm82 View Post
Get the AAL. you won't be disappointed. Nice truck btw, seems like a lot of people are putting on 883s lately.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #388
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks.

265/75/r16 is basically 32x10.5
Old 07-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #389
2scars will become famous soon enough
Navy: AMH2
Name: Brandon
2scars's Tacoma Gallery
However...

...the rim is too big to fit his 15 inchers. I believe he isn't looking to change size.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #390
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTacosRule View Post
What is the best online site to order dakars from?
http://cruiseroutfitters.com/sus_Tacoma.html
Old 07-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #391
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks.

I actually really like the 32x11.50's that were on my truck when I got it. Great size tire with a small lift. Back when my truck was naked.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I actually really like the 32x11.50's that were on my truck when I got it. Great size tire with a small lift. Back when my truck was naked.

What's the spec on the lift in those pics? The 2nd pic looks like 33x12.5s, right? I do really like the look of that a lot in the first pic though.

Just don't want to crush my fuel economy or power, so I'm a bit trepid.

EDIT: nvm just read your build page, post #1. 2" spacer lift?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #393
tired

Same setup in both pics except for the armor. OME 882's 10mm trim packer, Dakars. 32x11.50 BFG ATs.

Edit: the spacer lift was gone within the first couple weeks.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Same setup in both pics except for the armor. OME 882's 10mm trim packer, Dakars. 32x11.50 BFG ATs.

Edit: the spacer lift was gone within the first couple weeks.
Were the 882s the predecessor to the 883s? Meaning those are the coils for added weight such as armor?

If so, is it a different length or just different spring rate?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #395
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Were the 882s the predecessor to the 883s? Meaning those are the coils for added weight such as armor?

If so, is it a different length or just different spring rate?
I think he still has 882s, no? 883s are shorter but have a higher spring rate than the 882s. At least that's what I thought when I bought my 883s lol

Edit: I see what you're saying. Disregard.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I think he still has 882s, no? 883s are shorter but have a higher spring rate than the 882s. At least that's what I thought when I bought my 883s lol

Edit: I see what you're saying. Disregard.
Yeah, I should have clarified.

Compared to the 881s (which is what I'll be getting)

Are the 882s/883s longer, shorter, neither?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #397

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
883s are the same length but have a higher spring rate. 882s are longer with the same spring rate as the 881 I believe. Adam will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I thought I remember finding in my research.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #398
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I have to agree with Adam, I think the 32x11.50x15 are a perfect size tire for our trucks with a little lift. I've been running this size for a couple of years now and love it. You won't notice a loss in power but you might lose 1 mpg or so.
OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374663025.844490.jpg
Old 07-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #399
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Tacoma Suspension Kits
(Fits 1998 - 2004 V6 Models & 1995.5-1997 With Minor Modifications*)

Anyone know what these "Minor Modifications" are?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #400
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
Toyota Tacoma Suspension Kits
(Fits 1998 - 2004 V6 Models & 1995.5-1997 With Minor Modifications*)

Anyone know what these "Minor Modifications" are?
Don't know. I have a 97 and bought my OME lift (nitrocharger shocks/struts, 883x coils and dakar AAL) used from a guy with a 2003 (was 2 months old) and I didn't modify anything. Now that being said, I installed SPC LR UCAs, stainless brake lines, and new urethane bushings in my LCAs, steering rack and sway bar. As far as the rear, I added the Dakar AALs w/o modifications but should have changed the leaf pack (will in the near future) due to the age and sagginess of it.

Products Discussed in this Thread