Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #481
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any way possible someone that has a DC v6 running 880's and 881's and wheelers 5 leaf springs can post settled measurements from hub to fender flare. I really just want a new suspension with minimal lift but close to level. Thanks in advance
Old 10-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #482
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my OME kit with Dakars and 881s today. May try to get it on Sunday/Monday but will probably end up waiting a couple of weeks.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #483
Buck18 is on a distinguished road
Name: Buck
Buck18's Tacoma Gallery
Got a question. First I want to say I bought my first toyota yesterday. 2001 Tacoma DC 4x4 Limited 166,000 miles. It has bilstein 5100's front and rear with 880 ome springs in front on lowest setting. Rear has aal only. I want to lift front more . My question is how to do that. From what I understand you have to remove the coil over from truck, compress coil spring, then move clip. Correct???
Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #484
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck18 View Post
Got a question. First I want to say I bought my first toyota yesterday. 2001 Tacoma DC 4x4 Limited 166,000 miles. It has bilstein 5100's front and rear with 880 ome springs in front on lowest setting. Rear has aal only. I want to lift front more . My question is how to do that. From what I understand you have to remove the coil over from truck, compress coil spring, then move clip. Correct???
Yes that is correct, you can move the coil seat up to the 1 1/4" setting but ride will probaly suffer or swithch to 881 coils. But you can do this also http://youtu.be/vkVLBOnAifc
Old 10-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #485
Buck18's Tacoma Gallery
Good video!!! I would probably go with 882's and leave on stock setting. Would this be close to the same ride height but with better ride quality? I've done alot of suspension lifts on Chevy and jeeps not a lot of coil over stuff. Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #486

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck18 View Post
Good video!!! I would probably go with 882's and leave on stock setting. Would this be close to the same ride height but with better ride quality? I've done alot of suspension lifts on Chevy and jeeps not a lot of coil over stuff. Thanks for all the help!
881's will hive about 2" of lift give or take a little. Im not sure what the 882's will give but they are for heavier front ends with bumpers and winches. Wheelers off road gives all of the info on them on their website.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #487
Buck18's Tacoma Gallery
Yea the rear is 2 1/2 inches higher than front. So I was shooting for atleast 2 in
Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #488
Whitewater Dreamin'
hutch84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
hutch84's Tacoma Gallery
So I just got finished installing my 5100 w/881 @ 0" and Dakars in the rear. After a ride down the road my truck is measuring 37 1/4" in the front and 40" in the rear.

Is this normal? Do the Dakars settle more? Have other people experienced the same rake?

I do need to add back my camper shell and rack which is about 200lbs and I do think this will help a little. I did think this setup would be more level.

Also this rides sooooo much better then 235K stock leafs and springs.

Any expertise would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #489
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
They will probably settle more. What size tires are you running? Stock, or something bigger? With my 32" tires I'm at 39" up front and 38.5" rear. This is with the ome shocks and 881 coils. I'm also a double cab prerunner and a 4 cylinder. This could account for my higher front end.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #490
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch84 View Post
I do need to add back my camper shell and rack which is about 200lbs and I do think this will help a little. I did think this setup would be more level.
Put the camper back on, the springs will settle a good bit.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #491
Whitewater Dreamin'
hutch84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
hutch84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTaco02 View Post
They will probably settle more. What size tires are you running? Stock, or something bigger? With my 32" tires I'm at 39" up front and 38.5" rear. This is with the ome shocks and 881 coils. I'm also a double cab prerunner and a 4 cylinder. This could account for my higher front end.

I am running 31x10.5 KM2. I am going to get it aligned and put the shell back on it and see how it settles. I'll measure it after a few trips to the hills.

You know when you have an idea in your head and it does not turn out like you thought it would. That is kinda where I am with this but I think I just freaked out after installing it. LOL
Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #492
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
It will settle a lot with the shell on it. Don't worry.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #493
johnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud of

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Pardon the crap photos, once I get her back from the shop for alignment and a few other little things, I'll post better pics... This is the full ome package served up by wheelers. I also added a diff drop (glad I did) and subbed ome 882's instead of 881 or 883. Not sure this was the best idea, and perhaps I should have heeded their advice and gone with 883.

Got vibes around 45... Very worried about the cost of fixing this.

After the front:

OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383268633.147819.jpg

After rear - note the bro lean... Not stoked about that:
OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383268681.064969.jpg

Treadwright 265/75r16 wardens (BFG retread clone) on the way.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #495
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a really bad vibe? I get one as well from 40-45 but it's very faint.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #496
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
When you say the full OME kit, can you explain what parts are on there exactly in addition to the 882's?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #497
johnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud of

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The plan is to add front weight, yes. May not be for some time but workin on it. Others ran this stock, and i took their recommendation( boxrocket comes to mind). Very happy with the ride quality.

Ome kit from wheelers has the coils, all 4 corner shocks, Dakar springs, u bolts, exhaust extension, brake extension... You can see the full list on their site

Vibes are bad enough that I really wanna fix it! I have a strategy on this, and mechanic is gonna weigh in his opinion too.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #498
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
The plan is to add front weight, yes. May not be for some time but workin on it. Others ran this stock, and i took their recommendation( boxrocket comes to mind). Very happy with the ride quality.

Ome kit from wheelers has the coils, all 4 corner shocks, Dakar springs, u bolts, exhaust extension, brake extension... You can see the full list on their site

Vibes are bad enough that I really wanna fix it! I have a strategy on this, and mechanic is gonna weigh in his opinion too.
the reason i asked is that rear shouldnt be that low. you should have gained a couple inches but it looks like nothing. how much weight is in the bed?

for comparison, this is 883's on the N91S shocks up front, and only a 2" AAL end 5100s in the rear and about 600-800 lbs in the bed of gear

all with absolutely no vibes and no diff drop.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #499
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
They may settle in after a couple days.

As already mentioned, they were designed for an armored front end.

If you are trying to get level, may want to look into the AAL for the Dakars (especially being loaded up with the camper shell.)
Old 10-31-2013, 10:26 PM   #500
Professional Web Wheeler

Johnboy, can you take a picture of the rear leaf pack, something seems way off.

Products Discussed in this Thread