Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #41
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
just to be sure the ome 882's are the medium load springs correct?
No, they are the heavy load springs. The 881s are the medium. With your access cab and small load on the from, i think the 881s are plenty.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #42
Awww, we got this!
Itsallgood is a name known to allItsallgood is a name known to allItsallgood is a name known to allItsallgood is a name known to allItsallgood is a name known to allItsallgood is a name known to all

Itsallgood's Tacoma Gallery

OME w/ 883 & AAL and also Light Racing UCA's

881 = stock front weight
882 = +150 LBS front weight (heavy bumper and winch)
883 = +100 LBS front weight
Old 02-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #43
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
wow, that's a big difference!

why did you go with the 880 and not the 881? I have 881s that I have yet to install on my xtra cab v6. But I noticed many double cab owners also went for the 881s, even when they have brush guards. I hope the 881s wont be too stiff and unpleasant.
I have the 881, I also have a brush guard on the front.

I had my truck lifted right away when I got it so I didn't know what was a "factory" ride. Whenever I went over train track or potholes it made noises. I wasn't sure if it was the suspension or what.

I recently took my brush bar off to paint it and wow, the ride is so much better. From lifting the brush bar, I don't think it is very heavy, maybe 75 pounds? i think if you have anything up front, you should probably get the 882.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #45
TacoBlitz is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
TacoBlitz's Tacoma Gallery

Suspension
- 5100 Bilsteins
- OME 881s
- Wheeler's 5 leaf rear replacement springs
- Slightly longer rear shackles
- 10mm spacers in front on top of strut plates
- New strut plates
- Extended rear brake line
Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #46
mdub is a splendid one to beholdmdub is a splendid one to beholdmdub is a splendid one to beholdmdub is a splendid one to beholdmdub is a splendid one to beholdmdub is a splendid one to beholdmdub is a splendid one to beholdmdub is a splendid one to behold
mdub's Tacoma Gallery
So let me ask you guys... My Shocks are shot, and I'm wondering how to go from my current lift, to a OME/5100 lift. Right now I have a 2.5" suspension lift from Rough Country (came with the vehicle) http://www.roughcountry.com/toyota_95-04_tacoma_2.html

So the questions are...
1. Do the coils look shot?
2. How do I achieve the same lift with OME/5100, what setting would you use?
3. Do I get rid of the spacers when going to the OME/5100?
4. Do I need to get a new top plate when I get rid of the spacers?
5. Is it just better to get OME881's w/ 5100's set to 0 and leave the spacer in there?
6. Should I do a Dif Drop?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-coilover.jpg   OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-coil-top-2.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #47
Reppin' BC
kyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
kyle39's Tacoma Gallery
Just Ordered my OME full set up...pics up soon
Old 02-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #48
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub View Post
So let me ask you guys... My Shocks are shot, and I'm wondering how to go from my current lift, to a OME/5100 lift. Right now I have a 2.5" suspension lift from Rough Country (came with the vehicle) http://www.roughcountry.com/toyota_95-04_tacoma_2.html

So the questions are...
1. Do the coils look shot?
2. How do I achieve the same lift with OME/5100, what setting would you use?
3. Do I get rid of the spacers when going to the OME/5100?
4. Do I need to get a new top plate when I get rid of the spacers?
5. Is it just better to get OME881's w/ 5100's set to 0 and leave the spacer in there?
6. Should I do a Dif Drop?

Thanks!
If I were you I would use the OME nitrocharger shocks with the OME coils instead of the 5100s.

That should give you about the same 2.5" lift that you have currently. You should be able to reuse your top plate or order a new one from Toyota. Do not use the spacers with the new coils/shocks. Diff drop is up to you. I have one on my truck and it seems to help. For $15 there's no reason not to.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #49
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBlitz View Post

Suspension
- 5100 Bilsteins
- OME 881s
- Wheeler's 5 leaf rear replacement springs
- Slightly longer rear shackles
- 10mm spacers in front on top of strut plates
- New strut plates
- Extended rear brake line
Holy shit dude!! Your aal is NOT supposed to look like that!/
Old 02-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #50
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Holy shit dude!! Your aal is NOT supposed to look like that!/
Are you talking about the overload leaf that has negative arch? That overload leaf is different than the AAL. Overload leaf looks 100% normal. I don't see anything out of place.

He's not using an AAL. It's a full replacement leaf pack. That thick bottom leaf is an overload that is very similar to the overload leaf in the stock spring pack.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #51
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Are you talking about the overload leaf that has negative arch? That overload leaf is different than the AAL. Overload leaf looks 100% normal. I don't see anything out of place.

He's not using an AAL. It's a full replacement leaf pack. That thick bottom leaf is an overload that is very similar to the overload leaf in the stock spring pack.
Yea. I didn't realize there was tha much overhang in an overload spring. gg. thats horrendous.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #52

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
nice paint job on the axle though, lol.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #53
Quote:
Yea. I didn't realize there was tha much overhang in an overload spring. gg. thats horrendous.
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me either... I don't see how that the overload spring is even doing anything. lol it kinda pisses me off a little
Old 02-27-2011, 02:14 AM   #54
Quote:
nice paint job on the axle though, lol.
lol yeah its perfect right?

I do plan on getting back under there and finishing the whole thing, I just wanted to make sure I painted the parts that will be covered up while I had everything apart. So then I don't have to pull the axle all the way down again later.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #55
Here she is actually clean (the best I can do in the middle of winter) but still not the best.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #56

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Man, that white and black combo looks awesome!
I need to find me a shell. Looks good man.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #57
dustinJ is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
dustinJ's Tacoma Gallery
Man that's perfect. Exactly what I'm goin for. No shell though, I'm in and out of the bed too much.

Great looking truck!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #58
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBlitz View Post
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me either... I don't see how that the overload spring is even doing anything. lol it kinda pisses me off a little

That's how an overload leaf works. It's not designed to work until the rest of the leaves have ben loaded byojnd their capacity or when the suspension cycles beyond the normal range and the springs invert to a negative arch. That overload is there to allow the springs to invert *some* because that's how they are designed but not farther than the negative arch of the overload leaf. Look at a stock leaf pack, it's the same way, it just doesn't have as much arch in the rest of the leaves because they aren't lift springs so the space between them doesn't appear so dramatic.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #59
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i just got rid of my billy 5100's and put on ome nitrochargers all way around. work awesomely with my 881 coils...and ride tons better than the 5100's.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #60
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i just got rid of my billy 5100's and put on ome nitrochargers all way around. work awesomely with my 881 coils...and ride tons better than the 5100's.

no suprise. The nitrocharges are designed to work with the OME coils. The Bilsteins are not. Just because they can be used together doesn't mean they necessarily should.

Products Discussed in this Thread