Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Reppin' BC
kyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
kyle39's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen

Show off your OME setups on 1st gen only!!
Auzzie Pride!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Like this stuff?

Old 02-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Oy
OYFY!!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
did you assemble the front coil overs or have them assembled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Like this stuff?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
did you assemble the front coil overs or have them assembled?
I had Wheelers assemble them before shipping to save some install time.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
Reppin' BC
kyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud of

kyle39's Tacoma Gallery
I'm undecided between the 881 with the top plate spacers or to get the 883 med springs w/ no top plates and also between the AAL or the dakkar leaf pack

Ill post a picture of the rear leafs, they might be sagging a little, need a expert opinion
Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #10

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The 881 is the medium spring. I believe that the 883 is second gen. I think that you will find the ride jarring with the heavier 882 springs.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #11
Reppin' BC

kyle39's Tacoma Gallery
OOk yea 881's it is, Ill just throw it out there, But half the people i talk to say Dont bother with the UCA's and the other half say go with them, id like to save the 5 bills for LR uca's but i dont want shit to be screwed up down the road, since its only a 2.5 " lift, whats the bottom line....

The camera battery dead ill post some tomorrow
Old 02-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #12
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
OME 881 w bilstein 5100 set to 0
That is EXACTLY what I am planning on doing once my Bilsteins get here. I already have the OME coils.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Any reason why most people that use the OME coils went with the Bilstein 5100 shocks instead of the OME shocks?
I assume cost was the biggest factor.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #14
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #15
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery

Bilsteins at 0" with OME 881. Wheeler's 1.5" AAL
Old 02-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #16

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle39 View Post
OOk yea 881's it is, Ill just throw it out there, But half the people i talk to say Dont bother with the UCA's and the other half say go with them, id like to save the 5 bills for LR uca's but i dont want shit to be screwed up down the road, since its only a 2.5 " lift, whats the bottom line....

The camera battery dead ill post some tomorrow
IMO the ucas are not necessary. I got them because i liked the boing and well because i am stupid. I was terrified of overextending a ball joint, I since. Discovered that was highly unlikely. They do look nice though.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #17
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
OME 880s on my 04 gave me 1.25'' of lift now that they have been on for a year. At first they gave close to 2''.
Attached Thumbnails
OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen-494991661_1739078342_0.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
883 springs work on both gens and were designed for both as well. They aren't exacty Cadillac ride worthy on the street if you don't have extra weight up front but I would do it the same way if I had the chance. The 881 springs and 883 springs are the same height but the 883s have about 50-60 lbs heavier spring rate. The 882s are 20mm longer than the 881s but have the same spring rate. Hope this helps
Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
Any reason why most people that use the OME coils went with the Bilstein 5100 shocks instead of the OME shocks?
I assume cost was the biggest factor.
Bilsteins are a stronger monotube design that will resist fading much better than the twin tube design of the nitrochargers
Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #20

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
883 springs work on both gens and were designed for both as well. They aren't exacty Cadillac ride worthy on the street if you don't have extra weight up front but I would do it the same way if I had the chance. The 881 springs and 883 springs are the same height but the 883s have about 50-60 lbs heavier spring rate. The 882s are 20mm longer than the 881s but have the same spring rate. Hope this helps
This is good info to have. Thank you.

Products Discussed in this Thread