Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poly body bushing

Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
Poly body bushing

alright guys ive got a 3 in body lift 3in suspension and I'm trying to get back to just the suspension lift. at this point i have all the hardware and I'm about to order the bushings from energy suspension pt #8.4107. My question: are there supposed to be bushings inbetween the frame and bed as well? part number?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Im proud of your ability to judge how stupid body lifts are!! Hell yeah!! Glad to see you're trying to rid of it
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Hell ya to much body roll and the ghetto skid plate shins are just wrong. it looks like I will just have to go
creep on someones tacoma tomorrow and find out the old fashioned way
Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #5

Well after enough staring at the crappy piece of paper I have from the previous owner who bought All the stock hardware ive come to the conclusion that the bed doesn't use bushings and I so I went for it. Now the bed is done all I have to do is pick up the two bolts that are missing from the dealer and finish the cab tomorrow and will post a before and after
Old 02-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #6
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah!!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Im proud of your ability to judge how stupid body lifts are!! Hell yeah!! Glad to see you're trying to rid of it
hey supra heres a pic all done for ya. sorry shit cell phone picture. oh ya and i posted some more in the what have you done... thread

but now im on a new problem, somewhere along the line my airbag light came on and my cruise and horn wont work. fml
Attached Thumbnails
Poly body bushing-113.jpg   Poly body bushing-111.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #8
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing last summer really like the look of the suspension lift without the gross body lift. What I did as I lowered the body was go in small increments and checked every connection as I went along. You will have to check all those connections as there may have been changes made for the body lift that don't work now. My airbag light has been on for over a year, even before I took out the body lift but it goes out every once and a while when I slam the hood down, so like yours its likely a loose connection. The horn is probably a ground issue, but it could all be tied to your steering column as well, mine was a bitch to get the extended connector off to the rack, but check all your connections first and look for pinched wires.