Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shift Boot Retainer?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
jjsask is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jjsask's Tacoma Gallery
Shift Boot Retainer?

Is there some method of keeping the vinyl shift boot cover attached to the bottom of the shift knob? On my 02 the top of the boot is very loose and it slips down the shifter shaft about 8 inches. I have a small zip tie keeping it ied up but its not a very good solution. How did the boot get attached to the shift knob from factory?

02 XtraCab 5spd
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
yotataco94 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
yotataco94's Tacoma Gallery
it doesnt lol
Old 07-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
It really would have been nice for Toyota to have it attached to the knob, it's like an inch too short.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Just take the shift boots off, then wrap rubber bands around the shaft of the shift at whatever height you want the boots to stay... then slide shift boot back on.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Duck tape or zip tie