Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Removing Bedside Fender

Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
vtman 908 is on a distinguished road
vtman 908's Tacoma Gallery
Removing Bedside Fender

Ok, so I have some dents and dings in my left bedside panel. How hard is it to remove the panel so I can hammer out the dents? Also does anyone have any pictures to show me how to do it? Thanks for any help!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think theyre removable,im pretty sure its all one piece but you can get to the other side by removing the plastic splashguards and reaching up into the wheel well
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC you'd have to drill out the spot welds in order to remove the bedside. Look for a guide/tutorial/how-to on installing glass bedsides.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Let a body shop just fix the dents.it will be way cheaper.maybe find a dent wizard
Old 02-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
vtman 908 is on a distinguished road
vtman 908's Tacoma Gallery
Repairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Let a body shop just fix the dents.it will be way cheaper.maybe find a dent wizard

I went to get the the cost of the bedside panel estimated to get it fixed and they came up with 1060 dollars. In my mind, I don't think its worth it. So I came up with the idea of doing it on my own.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtman 908 View Post
I went to get the the cost of the bedside panel estimated to get it fixed and they came up with 1060 dollars. In my mind, I don't think its worth it. So I came up with the idea of doing it on my own.
either way there is no need to take off the bedside. youtube or google bodywork to help you out.if you can get behind it,you could always buy a studgun from harborfrieght.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe try "dry ice" first... Unless its creased real bad.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:41 AM   #8
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
This article covers how to take apart the bedside on the first gens:

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...ers--bedsides/

Seems like a bit more work than it's worth.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
Black n blue is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke
Black n blue's Tacoma Gallery
Any advice on removing a second gen bedside? Are they welded? It has the plastic bed....
Old 05-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #10
Loggerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: Seán
Loggerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n blue View Post
Any advice on removing a second gen bedside? Are they welded? It has the plastic bed....

Try the 2nd gen forum Black_n_blue, they might be of more help
Old 05-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #11
Black n blue is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke
Black n blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
Try the 2nd gen forum Black_n_blue, they might be of more help
Haha didnt notice, thanks