Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Light bar options for a '99 Taco

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Light bar options for a '99 Taco

So I've done a good deal of searching in the past few weeks trying to find a light bar for my Taco...and I've come back empty handed. Most light bars for the 1st gens are for the '01 to '04 models only.

I really like the style of the n-fab light bars...simple, mount through the bumper...

But they claim that it will only fit 95-97 Tacos
EDIT: another TW-er ordered the N-Fab bar for his 98 after talking with the people at N-Fab and they assured him that it would fit...it didn't

And these fit the 99's but I don't really care for the looks...

KC Hilites...

Westin...

I have two questions...

1) Does anyone else know of a light bar that is made for the older 1st gens -specifically a '99?

2) has anyone successfully fit one of the bars (any variety) for the '01 - '04's on their pre-2001 Taco? If so, what modifications had to be made for the mounting brackets to work?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
No one wants to help?!?!? Don't fail me now TW!!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I think the n fab one looks good. I was looking at light bars too but decided to put PIAA 540 Extreme white driving lights in the factory holes instead. Do you have any holes in your bumper for fogs?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fab!!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Or just jump ahead and buy an Elite Off road bumper
Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
N-Fab!!
I want an n-fab but they don't fit on a '99
Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
...still hoping for more ideas from my fellow 1st gen owners...
Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
I am a fan of the NFab and am interested to see what you find out about lightbar options for our truck cause unfortunatly I havent found much
Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
hillbilly ways, outlaw style
Rebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: joby
Rebeltac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I want an n-fab but they don't fit on a '99
just get one and make it fit then cheers
Old 03-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #11
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
check out defiant truck products
Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
he could make one for u http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...light-bar.html
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bskin View Post
check out defiant truck products
Finally! Someone came through for me! Thanks a ton! not sure how I missed that one but the website does say its a new product...

I like it...but the price is a little might have to do some negotiating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
I asked already...he's never made one for the 98-00 model and isn't sure if the mounting would be the same. I like his work and his prices though.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #14
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
I came across this thread and thought of Defiant as well. I was a bit taken aback at the price too. Lisa, are you going this route? I'd like to see pics once you're finished...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #15
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Use the POS cardboard bumper we have like me...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #16
2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
2KTacoPr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
defiant offroad makes one for 98 to 00. i almost bought one but dont have the money. check out their website. defiantoffroad.com
Old 04-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #19
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I came across this thread and thought of Defiant as well. I was a bit taken aback at the price too. Lisa, are you going this route? I'd like to see pics once you're finished...
That seems to be the only choice...but the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Use the POS cardboard bumper we have like me...
Thought about it! Just not thrilled about drilling holes in the bumper and Because you're so close to the grill there could be clearance issues with some lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Elite Plate bumper haha
Too heavy...means crappy gas mileage!

And FYI...NFab light bars do not fit the older 1st gens, only the 01-04. NFab told another TW'er that the bar would work on his 98 and it didn't fit...they are doing the right thing though and taking it back, full refund.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #20
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
The defiant bar is super beefy, very solid. I could probably stand on it, not that you would need to do that with a light bar.

Products Discussed in this Thread