1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rattle when taking off from a start...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Ptowntaco, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Feb 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    Ptowntaco

Ptowntaco [OP] Camburg :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Petaluma Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner TRD
    Tint, Socked, Deck Plate mod, Camburg 2.5 coils, Camburg UCA, 5100's in the rear, Custom Deaver leaf pack, Micky Thomson Classic Locks, BFG KM2, CB
    So for the past year my truck has had a Rattle when taking off from a start. It also rattles around 65 on the Hwy. I put up with the noise cause it was not that bad... Now it is just unbearable! The noise sounds like it is in the rear under the bed.

The noise goes away when i tighten my E-Brake. But then comes back about 2 days later... Only thing i can think that is causing it is my E-Brake cable rattling on my Deaver packs in the rear... The noise started not much after installing them.

I dont know what i can do to fix this any ideas would be great!

Thanks, Bryce

2. Feb 25, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    bowyer2002

bowyer2002 always tinkering

Member:
    NE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco SR5 D-cab 4WD
    OME 882s, OME shocks all around and OME Dakar spring packs, ARB, Warn 8000, ARE shell, Custom rear bumper w/ reciever, 5-235/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on FJ wheels, grey wire mod, Hi-Lift, Hellas, Red-Line hood lifters, Scion radio, sliders, Safari snorkel & LED Ditch lights on CBI mounts.
    I had a similar noise and it was a broken exhaust hanger.
    Does your exhaust rattle against the Deavers?

3. Feb 25, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    Skillet

Skillet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Palmdale,Ca
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma prerunner 3.4 auto trans trd,
    Trd edition,black powdercoated wheels,king Coils front, king double bypass rear, k&n cai, jba headers,borla exhuast,optima batt,xenon hid,crystal headlights,rewired entire car to four guage wiring on big stuff alt starter etc.,alpine screen,focal honeycomb components,JL four channel amp,dynamated entire inside of truck and hoodliner,limo tint all rear windows,LEDs everywhere possible dome light, tails,fronts,04 tailights,
    Check you're heat shrouds above you're cat converter maybe doing that they are flimsy and could rattle.

4. Feb 26, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    Ptowntaco

Ptowntaco [OP] Camburg :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Petaluma Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner TRD
    Tint, Socked, Deck Plate mod, Camburg 2.5 coils, Camburg UCA, 5100's in the rear, Custom Deaver leaf pack, Micky Thomson Classic Locks, BFG KM2, CB
    My hangers are good that was the first thing i checked... so i am still stumped? :confused:

I will check them once more time but like i said it goes away when my E-Brake cable is is tight so idk hmmmm:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top