Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rattle when taking off from a start...

Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle when taking off from a start...

So for the past year my truck has had a Rattle when taking off from a start. It also rattles around 65 on the Hwy. I put up with the noise cause it was not that bad... Now it is just unbearable! The noise sounds like it is in the rear under the bed.

The noise goes away when i tighten my E-Brake. But then comes back about 2 days later... Only thing i can think that is causing it is my E-Brake cable rattling on my Deaver packs in the rear... The noise started not much after installing them.

I dont know what i can do to fix this any ideas would be great!

Thanks, Bryce
Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
always tinkering
bowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the roughbowyer2002 is a jewel in the rough

bowyer2002's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar noise and it was a broken exhaust hanger.
Does your exhaust rattle against the Deavers?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowyer2002 View Post
I had a similar noise and it was a broken exhaust hanger.
Does your exhaust rattle against the Deavers?
My hangers are good that was the first thing i checked... so i am still stumped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Check you're heat shrouds above you're cat converter maybe doing that they are flimsy and could rattle.
I will check them once more time but like i said it goes away when my E-Brake cable is is tight so idk hmmmm