Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

whole truck shakes

Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
mudjunkie is on a distinguished road

mudjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
whole truck shakes

when i go faster than 45 miles an hour my whole truck shakes very annoying shocks and rack and pinion are 3 months old possible bad bushing or un balanced rim any opinion would be great
Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Have your tires ballenced.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudjunkie View Post
when i go faster than 45 miles an hour my whole truck shakes very annoying shocks and rack and pinion are 3 months old possible bad bushing or un balanced rim any opinion would be great
get the balance on the tires checked or rebalanced, and check your drive shaft too...make sure nothing is loose in the steering rack also.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
mudjunkie is on a distinguished road

mudjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
so the steering rack will cause this because i did notice the whole rack moves slightly when i turn the whell wherecan i get new bushings
Old 09-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudjunkie View Post
so the steering rack will cause this because i did notice the whole rack moves slightly when i turn the whell wherecan i get new bushings
right here..............http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacorackbushkit.htm

i just ordered one for my 04. they are outta stock, but they are going to have the new and improved rack bushings and sleeves, and it should only be a couple of weeks til they get them in from energy suspension.

if you dont wanna wait, you can get the bushings from toytec. they have them for a decent price too.