1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spacers to Coilovers - Post your experience here

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by t0mills, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Mar 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    t0mills

t0mills [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TRD, Gray Wire Mod, 3" Suspension lift, 3" Body Lift, 285/75 AT2s
    After doing a few searches, I was unable to find a thread where people could post their experiences in going from a spacer lift to a true coilover lift (SAW, Fox, ICON, King...ect)

I recently purchased a 2002 DC TRD with a Revtek spacer lift. I will be ordering a complete Fox mid-travel kit shortly, so I will add my results to this thread.

Points you should touch upon:

Comparing ride quality - How does it compare at low speeds? High speeds? Daily driving comparison?

I know that with my spacer lift, low speed ride is great. When I say low speed, I'm talking about 5mph or less.
    I can run over a curb sized object at that speed, and it soaks it up very well.

However, at highway speeds, things are a bit different. The ride seems pretty harsh. Almost like the front end is too light?
    There is a section of freeway that I travel that gets VERY rough. No potholes or anything, but pretty broken up and choppy. The front end just seems to be too stiff to handle this at highway speeds (70-75mph).

I travel the same section of road in my '09 impala, and while its a bit rough too, its MUCH better than the tacoma.

Lets try to keep this thread on track, and create a great resource for anyone searching on here for this subject. ;)

2. Mar 1, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    i went from a 3'' toytec spacer to what i have now and its simply a night and day difference. with my spacer lift i felt every crack or bump in the road now none. i still have the single AAL in the rear that came with the spacerlift but that will be going soon as well,way to stiff of a ride.

Products Discussed in

To Top