Notices

taco lean help!

Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
cuaco72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joaquin
cuaco72's Tacoma Gallery
taco lean help!

hi guys.

My 95 taco leans to the drivers side. I know, many more have this same problem.

here's where I need your help.

I have access to a machining shop, I can make a ˝" spacer to add on top of my drivers side strut and surely fix my 1" lean difference.

What I would like your help on is, do any of you guys have a squetch of the spacer, including dimensions?

you know, outside diameter, inside diameter and holes center locations?

I would like to fab one up, install it and check to see if the lean is fixed.

and if this works, if you guys ever need one, I can hook you up.

I would have to take mine apart in order to get these dimensions, but if anyone else has done it or have it apart, you know, be cool and lend me some dimensions.

thanks...
Old 03-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Save yourself the trouble of fabbing one up (unless that's what you REALLY what you want to do). It's only 20 bux.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Save yourself the trouble of fabbing one up (unless that's what you REALLY what you want to do). It's only 20 bux.
Can't forget Toytec's ridiculous shipping rate....$10 for a 100 gram item....=$30 bux. Go for the fab, get it right, then sell em for $20 shipped. I'm first in line
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
dud get some new springs and fix it the right way. thats what i did. got real lucky and picked up two springs and shock for $38!
Itll just lean again over time though.

Our trucks lean because Toyota put all the heavy stuff on 1 side. I have Front suspension less than a year old and band new deavers and I am already leaning. Personally ill be doing a fuel cell centered and relocating the battery to the back then adding a 2nd to the other side to even out my weight. Obviously not an option for most folks though.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Itll just lean again over time though.

Our trucks lean because Toyota put all the heavy stuff on 1 side. I have Front suspension less than a year old and band new deavers and I am already leaning. Personally ill be doing a fuel cell centered and relocating the battery to the back then adding a 2nd to the other side to even out my weight. Obviously not an option for most folks though.
funny thing that the side that sagged on my truck was the left side or the light side. i think its more of driving habit and where you park your truck
Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #7
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
funny thing that the side that sagged on my truck was the left side or the light side. i think its more of driving habit and where you park your truck
Every taco I have ever seen has a 1/2" - 3/4" lean to the drivers side. Even when I put brand new OME suspension on mine it leaned within 100 miles. Its the design of the truck, not how you park.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
cuaco72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joaquin
cuaco72's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still interested in fabbing up the spacer, it will fix my 1" front end lean.

As for the back, as soon as I get the spacer done, I will have the rear springs re-arched just enoguh to have it leveled. there is a shop here where they will fix it, and cheap too (about 30 bucks).

I have used this shop in the past on an 85 runner that I had and it turned out great.

hope one of you can get me these dimensions, no hurry.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #9
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Every taco I have ever seen has a 1/2" - 3/4" lean to the drivers side. Even when I put brand new OME suspension on mine it leaned within 100 miles. Its the design of the truck, not how you park.
when i park my truck the surface is uneven and the front right tire has more pressure on it than the front left tire.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
I have never seen a taco that leans on the passenger side as you are saying yours does. Both my 99 and 04 lean on drivers (port,left,whatever) side because Toyota put the battery and the Fuel tank on that side. Its design flaw not how you park that causes the lean.

3 weeks ago I put on BRAND NEW Deaver f67 leafs. Within a week I was leaning 1.5" (yes I measured from axle to bump). Obviously the lean with these leafs is greater than stock as they are more flexible and also are still breaking in. But trust me, I didnt get that much lean because of how I am parking. After all, I park on a level surface.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
ha well i guess i must just make more right turns. . . i replace the front springs so it a little better now. ill take a look and see if it is even possible to relocate the tank to the opposite side.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #12
blackuni is on a distinguished road
blackuni's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
I have never seen a taco that leans on the passenger side as you are saying yours does. Both my 99 and 04 lean on drivers (port,left,whatever) side because Toyota put the battery and the Fuel tank on that side. Its design flaw not how you park that causes the lean.

3 weeks ago I put on BRAND NEW Deaver f67 leafs. Within a week I was leaning 1.5" (yes I measured from axle to bump). Obviously the lean with these leafs is greater than stock as they are more flexible and also are still breaking in. But trust me, I didnt get that much lean because of how I am parking. After all, I park on a level surface.
Mine leans to the passenger side (2003 dbl cab). Problem is I don't know if I've always had it or if its just more pronounced now that I got ReadyLift front leveling spacers in the front. Will upload a pic when I get a chance.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
Space Wrangler is on a distinguished road

Name: JCT
Space Wrangler's Tacoma Gallery
a fat girlfriend in the passenger seat will level it right out.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Can't forget Toytec's ridiculous shipping rate....$10 for a 100 gram item....=$30 bux.
Yeah Toytec sticks it to you on the shipping! I bought a $20 set of rubber shock bushings. They charged me $16 to ship them. I believe that they were shipped through the postal service. I just could not believe how much they charged. highway robbery.