Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cup holder thingies

Old 05-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #21
reddoublecab is on a distinguished road

Navy:
reddoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone happen to have the Toyota Part Number for them??
Old 05-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddoublecab View Post
Anyone happen to have the Toyota Part Number for them??
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...tegrating.html

66995-AD011 .69
66995-AD021 .69
Old 01-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #23
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
This is the updated link

I need to order some. My tabs are ripped in half.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #24
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
I just made some new ones today out of 1/8 gasket rubber I found at the local hardware store in the plumbing department. I figured that if the original material was crap, it is still crap (weird foam sandwiched by weird plastic film), and I can do it better. Just take out the old ones (4 are identical, one is a double-sided deal), use them as a template to carve new ones with an Xacto blade, and it is better than new. You can make them in the amount of time it would take to go to the dealer and back. I took pix and will post them when it is not 11:10 on Sunday night...zzzzz.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #25
X-wing Design Engineer
crimsonred2004 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Missile Technician
Name: Bob'O'
crimsonred2004's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
when i call toyota and give them these part #'s they cannot find a listing for them....is there another number for them or a drawing showing them??? thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #26
Kevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really nice

Name: Kevin
Kevlar1267's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered them from Dallas Toyota about 3 years ago and it was all of the tabs and shipped for a flat $5.00 charge.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #27
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoman View Post
I did the mouse pad thing too....works real nice with the mouse pad material...

i used the mouse pad as well. just took what was left from the old piece and used it as a template. my only issues was that they have mounting screws on the bottom and the holes looked worn, so it wasn't a tight fit anymore. been holding up for a few months now with no issues
Old 09-04-2010, 01:42 AM   #28
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonred2004 View Post
when i call toyota and give them these part #'s they cannot find a listing for them....is there another number for them or a drawing showing them??? thanks

Those are both valid numbers. Enter them in at ToyotaPartSales.com or ToyotaPartsZone.com. Regretfully, shipping will kill the price it at both places...

As far as toyota part numbers, sometimes they need to enter it with a dash and somethings with out, just depends how it was entered in. Most Toyota Parts places know this, but if the guy is new or usually works in another area, he's just entering exactly what you tell him and hitting search.

As someone that actually bought the factory pieces, those that went with the mouse pad are probably better off in the long run. It's not expensive, so its really not a big deal either way, but the factory ones really aren't that thick, although they do seem to hold cups amazingly well for as thin as they are.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #29
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
Those are both valid numbers. Enter them in at ToyotaPartSales.com or ToyotaPartsZone.com. Regretfully, shipping will kill the price it at both places...

As far as toyota part numbers, sometimes they need to enter it with a dash and somethings with out, just depends how it was entered in. Most Toyota Parts places know this, but if the guy is new or usually works in another area, he's just entering exactly what you tell him and hitting search.

As someone that actually bought the factory pieces, those that went with the mouse pad are probably better off in the long run. It's not expensive, so its really not a big deal either way, but the factory ones really aren't that thick, although they do seem to hold cups amazingly well for as thin as they are.

Guys, I'm telling you, go to the hardware store, and in the plumbing department, get a small sheet of black rubber gasket material, 1/8 inch thick, and trace the originals onto this, cut them out, and drill holes for the screws. I did this, and it is literally better than new. Still haven't done my write up (do we really need one?), but it is awesome and you can't get any cheaper. Holds cups very firmly, but it's easy to pull them out, and the rubber will never go bad.

Here is the rubber:

And it is strong enough to hold an empty steel coffee cups upside down!

And here is a shot from the top:

Old 09-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #30
Reppin' BC
kyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
kyle39's Tacoma Gallery
good job bra
Old 09-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #31
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
Anyone know which one is the small & which one is the large one?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #32
X-wing Design Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Guys, I'm telling you, go to the hardware store, and in the plumbing department, get a small sheet of black rubber gasket material, 1/8 inch thick, and trace the orginals onto this, cut them out, and drill holes for the screws. I did this, and it is literally better than new. Still haven't done my write up (do we really need one?), but it is awesome and you can't get any cheaper. Holds cups very firmly, but it's easy to pull them out, and the pure rubber will never go bad.

Here is the rubber:

I don't suppose you have a paper template you could e-mail me as my tabs are so destroyed i have no way to trace out new ones...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #33

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonred2004 View Post
I don't suppose you have a paper template you could e-mail me as my tabs are so destroyed i have no way to trace out new ones...
Doh! Um, no. But I still do have the rubber I cut it out from, which provides a "negative," so to speak.

OK, maybe I can trace out the negative onto some paper, scan that as a PDF, and then attach it to a post that everyone can download....hmmm...now I just need to remember to do that when I am at home...

When you remove the old ones, you would just need to transfer the holes and notches (which are protected under your console) to the print-out.

Yes?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #34
X-wing Design Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
Anyone know which one is the small & which one is the large one?

I believe AD021 is the large one...
Old 09-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #35
X-wing Design Engineer
Quote:
Doh! Um, no. But I still do have the rubber I cut it out from, which provides a "negative," so to speak.

OK, maybe I can trace out the negative onto some paper, scan that as a PDF, and then attach it to a post that everyone can download....hmmm...now I just need to remember to do that when I am at home...

When you remove the old ones, you would just need to transfer the holes and notches (which are protected under your console) to the print-out.

Yes?
Yes....I still have whatever is left under the console although i have no idea how good a shape that is in....If you could remember to do the tracing of the negative and post it that would be most helpful to the many posters here!!! Your help would be most appreciated as your tabs came out looking realy good!!! Thanks in advance....
Old 09-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #36
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what comes with a complete package. (I have an extra set I scanned).

Remember, when printing, dont rescale (fit to page), as that would make them come out huge. No resizing/page scaling and you should be fine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cup Holder Template.PDF (11.7 KB, 1120 views)
Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #37

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
Here is what comes with a complete package. (I have an extra set I scanned).

Remember, when printing, dont rescale (fit to page), as that would make them come out huge. No resizing/page scaling and you should be fine.
You're the man, dude! Good catch on the scaling while printing, too...

So now you need to post this in the 1st gen DIY how-to by St Andrew. It is stickied...

Er, I mean PM him so he can add he link to his first post.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #38
X-wing Design Engineer
Got the new retainers from toyota....got (4) 66995-AD011 and
(1) 66995-AD021. They are made out of a stiffer rubbery material rather than the foam the originals were made out of. Total cost...$6.52 and 20 minutes of my time . When i inquired with Toyota and gave them my VIN they said the parts were not applicable for my Tacoma. If this happens to you tell them to remove the filters from their parts search on the computer and they will find them. They look great and now my cup won't fall over anymore. Much cheaper than paying $20 from certain internet parts suppliers!!! Hope this helps......
Old 09-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Guys, I'm telling you, go to the hardware store, and in the plumbing department, get a small sheet of black rubber gasket material, 1/8 inch thick, and trace the orginals onto this, cut them out, and drill holes for the screws. I did this, and it is literally better than new. Still haven't done my write up (do we really need one?), but it is awesome and you can't get any cheaper. Holds cups very firmly, but it's easy to pull them out, and the pure rubber will never go bad.

Here is the rubber:

Nice job dude! My mouse pad job worked good for a while, but I'm gonna have to replace them again soon. Going to redo them with the rubber stuff this time. Thanx man!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #40
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes?
i'll take a template if you are actually going to send them out. i tried the mouse pad, but the lengths are off due to mine being ripped