Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cup holder thingies

Old 09-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #41
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonred2004 View Post
I believe AD021 is the large one...
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonred2004 View Post
Got the new retainers from toyota....got (4) 66995-AD011 and
(1) 66995-AD021. They are made out of a stiffer rubbery material rather than the foam the originals were made out of. Total cost...$6.52 and 20 minutes of my time . When i inquired with Toyota and gave them my VIN they said the parts were not applicable for my Tacoma. If this happens to you tell them to remove the filters from their parts search on the computer and they will find them. They look great and now my cup won't fall over anymore. Much cheaper than paying $20 from certain internet parts suppliers!!! Hope this helps......
Am I missing something here? In the link above to trdparts4u, the price is $20 for one cup holder that has 4 small ones & 1 large one. Well each cup holder uses 2 small ones & 1 large one right? So why does the $20 "kit" have 2 extra small ones if it was for one cup holder or short 1 large one for two cup holders?

I'm also ordering them from the same dealer that is trdparts4u & for two complete cup holders they come out to less than $5 before shipping. What a way to make money.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #42
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
Thanks.

Am I missing something here? In the link above to trdparts4u, the price is $20 for one cup holder that has 4 small ones & 1 large one. Well each cup holder uses 2 small ones & 1 large one right? So why does the $20 "kit" have 2 extra small ones if it was for one cup holder or short 1 large one for two cup holders?

I'm also ordering them from the same dealer that is trdparts4u & for two complete cup holders they come out to less than $5 before shipping. What a way to make money.
Look at the pdf soemone linked up.

One of em is a L shape, and serves as a tab for both. so 2 small ones each, then the big one is shared by both.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #43
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
i'll take a template if you are actually going to send them out. i tried the mouse pad, but the lengths are off due to mine being ripped
See post #36 above. Manlaan attached a PDF that you can use as a template.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #44
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
One of em is a L shape, and serves as a tab for both. so 2 small ones each, then the big one is shared by both.
Thanks for putting that into perspective, now I get it. That means it will be even cheaper than the $4.44 I originally thought. Can't believe they are charging $20 for the kit for $3.70 (retail price) worth of parts.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #45
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
Thanks for putting that into perspective, now I get it. That means it will be even cheaper than the $4.44 I originally thought. Can't believe they are charging $20 for the kit for $3.70 (retail price) worth of parts.
ya I had no idea why one of them was an L shape and the rest were just straight.

Then I had a OOOOOH moment.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #46
kaframer is on a distinguished road
Marines: Vietnam '65-'67
kaframer's Tacoma Gallery
cup holder things

I made new ones out of 4" baseboard rubber that is sold for bottom of walls with hard tile floors. Less than $5, cuts with scissors, and is exactly same color as interior console. Comes in brown, black and gray. Buy one 4' length of brown at Lowes. Take apart console (easy), recover old sponge rubber still under console to use for patterns, trace on baseboard material with eyeballed tab in place of broken off piece, cut it out, and mount. Works and looks better than original.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #47
chmura is on a distinguished road
chmura's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered a bunch of stuff from the dealer and included these tabs for the cup holder. Thanks for the posting of the part numbers! This is a informative post. IMO its not worth making them since the cost is very low getting them at the Toyota dealer.

Here are the part numbers that i used.

66995-AD011 Need 4
66995-AD021 Need 1
Old 10-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #48
sessman is on a distinguished road
sessman's Tacoma Gallery
is it required to remove the console to install these if getting them from the dealer?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #49
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
yeah its those
Old 10-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #50
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sessman View Post
is it required to remove the console to install these if getting them from the dealer?
Yes. They screw in from the underside. Removing the console is only like 4 bolts, four minutes.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #51
Manimal
georgie boy is on a distinguished road
georgie boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
Anyone got any good ideas for replacing those rubber flaps in the cup holders (02 X-cab) ?? They are about shot, I guess from the sun...I'd replace that part of the console, but it looks like the whole thing would have to be done
anyone know if the cup holder on "05 6 speed can be painted?/
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #52

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie boy View Post
anyone know if the cup holder on "05 6 speed can be painted?/
Dunno, you are asking 1st gen owners. So yes, or no.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #53
WiscTaco is on a distinguished road
Army: Prior guardian of freedoms.
WiscTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the template and idea. My truck badly needs new ones. Tip of the hat, Scocar
Old 06-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #54
adamsson00 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeffy
adamsson00's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 99 taco, single cab, and my cup holders are square and eben a pop bottle is too small let alone a coffie cup, i was wondering if anyone had a fix for this style of holders, thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #55
mmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT(Medic in trailing)
Name: Matt
mmcmahan2206's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Every morning, I put my coffee mug in the big square holder, and then jam my wallet in next to it so that it doesn't spill on my way to work. It works, but not the greatest idea for when I want a sip and it's hard to steer while putting the mug back while trying to get the wallet out of the way and then jam the wallet back in!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #56
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsson00 View Post
i have the 99 taco, single cab, and my cup holders are square and eben a pop bottle is too small let alone a coffie cup, i was wondering if anyone had a fix for this style of holders, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmahan2206 View Post
X2
Every morning, I put my coffee mug in the big square holder, and then jam my wallet in next to it so that it doesn't spill on my way to work. It works, but not the greatest idea for when I want a sip and it's hard to steer while putting the mug back while trying to get the wallet out of the way and then jam the wallet back in!
Worst f'in design ever.

However the best f'in mod ever is to swap in an 01-04 center console/cup holder assembly.

There are very few things that actually improve my life, this was one of them.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #57
mmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Worst f'in design ever.

However the best f'in mod ever is to swap in an 01-04 center console/cup holder assembly.

There are very few things that actually improve my life, this was one of them.
Well shoot... that probably would've been a great idea before I did my switches!

Any other options?!?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #58
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well shoot... that probably would've been a great idea before I did my switches!

Any other options?!?
Just pop the switches out, cut new holes in the 01-04 assembly and pop the switches back in. Or get a switch plate for your single din cubby and put them in there.

It's been, I don't know, 6 months since I put the 01-04 in my truck and I don't know how I lived life before.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Just pop the switches out, cut new holes in the 01-04 assembly and pop the switches back in. Or get a switch plate for your single din cubby and put them in there.

It's been, I don't know, 6 months since I put the 01-04 in my truck and I don't know how I lived life before.

Dang, that looks good, too! But it doesn't look like there would be room to keep my switches located the same... This is gonna be a HUGE dellema now! Thanks, Madjik Man!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #60

Quote:
Dang, that looks good, too! But it doesn't look like there would be room to keep my switches located the same... This is gonna be a HUGE dellema now! Thanks, Madjik Man!
I like where Iceman and Meatman mounted theirs. You could do the same.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post5633615