Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cup holder thingies

Old 09-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Cup holder thingies

Anyone got any good ideas for replacing those rubber flaps in the cup holders (02 X-cab) ?? They are about shot, I guess from the sun...I'd replace that part of the console, but it looks like the whole thing would have to be done
Old 09-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of neoprene being used, even leather. I can't remember if there was a write up or not.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Read this thread, apparently, mouse pad is a good material to use.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...tegrating.html
Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
On my 2000 I used the self adhesive 1/2" weather stripping. Worked pretty good.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt bother-the holes are accomodating enough and their central position in the truck really doesnt contribute spillshock........IMO and experience, of course.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
DavidL is on a distinguished road
DavidL's Tacoma Gallery
I checked with a dealership with the same question and they said those rubber pieces are available, without having to buy the whole console.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
I checked with a dealership with the same question and they said those rubber pieces are available, without having to buy the whole console.
good to know David thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #8
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
David, thanks. I will check those out. How do those attach to the console? Are they just glued on?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
DavidL is on a distinguished road
DavidL's Tacoma Gallery
glwood6,
I honestly don't know how they attach, sorry I can't be of help there. I don't yet own a Tacoma, but when I test drove one at a Toyota dealership recently (cupholder tabs were deteriorated), I asked the parts counter if they were available. First they priced me the whole console, then they priced me the little tabs. I wonder if they attach with a screw or something from the underside of the console (?).
Old 09-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-CUP-TABS.aspx?MakeID=1

wonder if it's those?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #11
Newer Taco User
RedTaco02 is on a distinguished road
Army: 136th RTI
RedTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
You can get replacments from the dealership. I replaced mine about 6 months ago.

You will need to remove your console and put them in from the bottom. It's really easy.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #12
Newer Taco User
RedTaco02 is on a distinguished road
Army: 136th RTI
RedTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get to the dealership?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #13
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i just ripped mine off.....worked fine
Old 11-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #14

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco02 View Post
Did you get to the dealership?
I did finally get to the dealership and order those cup holder flapper thingies...they work great! And are easy to install. Just have to take out the center console, 4 bolts, 2 screws, piece of cake!

They were all of .91 each. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, and be careful when you go to the dealer to pick up parts...you COULD get sucked into looking at, and subsequently wanting to buy a NEW Tacoma...almost happened yesterday. I finally had to jump in my truck at get out of there before I signed my life away!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I put a beer can koozie in mine. Keeps everything nice and secure (and hot / cold too).
Old 11-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #16

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Them are the ones.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Just stumbled onto this thread, but I've been wondering where to get replacements for those. Mine wore out and I just took them out. My local Toyota stealership said they didn't sell those by themselves. I would have to order the whole console. Thanks for the link.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #18
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
I did the mouse pad thing too....works real nice with the mouse pad material...
Old 12-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #19

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinuhls View Post
Just stumbled onto this thread, but I've been wondering where to get replacements for those. Mine wore out and I just took them out. My local Toyota stealership said they didn't sell those by themselves. I would have to order the whole console. Thanks for the link.
The stealership is lying to you. Not only can you order them by themselves, you can order 1 or 20 of each type if you want. Do you have to pass a stupid test to work at the parts dept. at a dealer?

I know you can order them 'cause I got mine from a dealer here in town. They had to order them in, but only took a couple of days. They were .91 each. They parts guy put in my VIN and searched, parts came up with a diagram of which went where, and what to order.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #20
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
The stealership is lying to you. Not only can you order them by themselves, you can order 1 or 20 of each type if you want. Do you have to pass a stupid test to work at the parts dept. at a dealer?

I know you can order them 'cause I got mine from a dealer here in town. They had to order them in, but only took a couple of days. They were .91 each. They parts guy put in my VIN and searched, parts came up with a diagram of which went where, and what to order.
I haven't had much luck with salespersons at the dealerships either. When I bought my latest Tacoma 3 years ago, I contacted a couple Toyota dealerships in my area and told them I wanted an '01-'04 Double Cab. One of them called me and told me they had my truck. I drove the 45 min trip to see my.... Access Cab ! Then they tried to tell me that Toyota didn't make a 4 door model from '01-'04. Idiots! Needless to say, I made them pay for my gas to drive over there. I was also just at my local dealership a week ago looking at the new Tacos. I told the salesperson I wanted a 4 door short bed. She tried to tell me all 4 doors were short beds... wrong! It's sad that I know more about the product they are selling than they do.