Notices

pre tacoma

View Poll Results: do you consider a pre 95 truck a tacoma
yes 16 16.00%
no 84 84.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
pre tacoma

Do you consider the older models E I pick up hilux a tacoma
Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
ARC is on a distinguished road
Army: MGS Gunner, 1-27INF 25th ID
Name: Andrew
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
they are different, I don't see what you are trying to get at.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big dog's Tacoma Gallery
i just thought it was evolution
Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
so do you consider chimps humans? still confused.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
they're called pickups in the states and Hilux everywhere else. There was no tacoma till 1995.5
Old 03-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Pre Tacos weren't called Tacomas for a reason.... because they weren't Tacomas.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
yea ill go ahead and start calling my t100 a tundra ... cause after all it was the predecessor

and if anyones wondering why im here ..... theres only 1 good board for the t100 and nobodys on it, and i figure our trucks have a lot of similarities

funny note, im pretty sure my truck has the same gage cluster than the 90-94 toyotas do
Old 03-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned "pre-Tacoma" trucks since I was 15, I love them but I don't get why you want to call it something it's not. If you want info on your truck you should look at toyota nation because they actually have a forum for it, and so do several other sites. 95 and earlier trucks have very little in common with either generation of Tacoma.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #9
dep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
dep3091's Tacoma Gallery
Had a '94 with a 7" lift and minor trail armor.....my 2005 Tacoma (pre-mod) would kick the crap outta that truck....
Old 03-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
yea ill go ahead and start calling my t100 a tundra ... cause after all it was the predecessor

and if anyones wondering why im here ..... theres only 1 good board for the t100 and nobodys on it, and i figure our trucks have a lot of similarities

funny note, im pretty sure my truck has the same gage cluster than the 90-94 toyotas do
Don't forget the same motor. And to add, my first gen tundy has parts in common with 2nd gen tacos
Old 03-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep3091 View Post
Had a '94 with a 7" lift and minor trail armor.....my 2005 Tacoma (pre-mod) would kick the crap outta that truck....
How?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
Hug balls bitch

big dog's Tacoma Gallery
just asking a question. older models realy dident have a name. i dident know this website was soooooo stuck up. people like me are not welcome here?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
Hug balls bitch

big dog's Tacoma Gallery
i guess i will go cry myself too sleep goodbuy cruel world
Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #14
Hug balls bitch

big dog's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dog View Post
just asking a question. older models realy dident have a name. i dident know this website was soooooo stuck up. people like me are not welcome here?
i think you missed the point

you're more than welcome here...but the pre tacoma trucks were called Pickups

that's the official name...look at an owners manual...it even says it on there

there is a subforum for pre tacomas if im not mistaken?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
jesseunvoas is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Jesse
jesseunvoas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just thought it was evolution
they had to start somewhere right:

Old 03-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Oh hell yeah your welcome here bro' , maybe this'll help Years ago (70's) here in the U.S. Toyota trucks were called the HiLux ( they were a columm shift 4 speed if I recall) I think around 1980 they dropped the Hilux name in the U.S. & started to refer to them as the SR5, my brother bought a brand new "SR5" in 81' I think , & it too was called an SR5, I never heard them refered to as just pickup or truck....

I guess the HiLux trade name is still in effect in other countries...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
Hug balls bitch

big dog's Tacoma Gallery
it wasent the start i wanted this truck since i was 16 could not afford it back then tryed all kinds of 4x4 and she is still my favorite i think she is the best looking and badest out there. dont get me wrong i like tacos thay look great and they are bad ass off road just love my 89 more
Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Don't forget the same motor. And to add, my first gen tundy has parts in common with 2nd gen tacos
nope ... the 93-94 t100 has the 3.0 the 95+ has the same 3.4 the 1g tacos do .... hence the reason it took me forever to find mine plus there not being very many of them

still pissed off at my lame ass friends who werent down for a so cal trip to pick up the cleanest 95 ive ever seen ... already had a new timing belt, was an sr5, and had 1g taco rims, all for 4500 which was less than mine cost.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #20
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
No, a Tacoma is a Tacoma. Anything before it was a Hilux or pickup and anything after will be whatever they are called in the future.