Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

horn not working

Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
ryan757shaft is on a distinguished road
ryan757shaft's Tacoma Gallery
horn not working

The horn is not working on my 97 tacoma. I hit something & the horn stopped working. the hit did minimal damage-hood, grille, headlight. But didn't mess up the radiator or anything.

Everytime i press the horn i hear a clicking. I also traced the wire coming off the horn & it seems continuous. I tried installing a new horn, this doesn't work either.

Pressing the horn over & over again blew the fuse. So I replaced it, now the clicking occurs again. Anyone know whats going on?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Could be a bad relay. Have someone press the horn while you find out where the clicking sound is coming from & replace that relay. It could be under the hood by the fuse box. That or you have a short somewhere else. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
wonder if the clock spring is broken? but you'd have an air bag light on.... the horn circuit is the easiest circuit on the whole truck. power-switch-horn-ground. shouldnt be hard to figure it out. have u jumper power to the horn? does it work? make sure u have a good ground?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it simple. Check for power at the horn when you press the pad. Back track from there. If the relay clicks when you press the horn pad, you are getting power to it. Check for power out from the relay to the horn when pressing the pad, if no power, replace the relay and if powered, check at the horn itself for power. If you have power there and no horn, then check the ground. if the ground is good and you have power at the horn and you have no sound the horn is bad.