Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission Jerks When coming to a stop!

Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
carleo86 is on a distinguished road
carleo86's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission Jerks When coming to a stop!

I have a 01' Double Cab with about 150K on it. Over the last few months it has started to jerk when it comes to a complete stop. almost as if the transmission wants to keep turning but the wheels are stoping. the truck has also started to Shutter a bit when almost to the complete stop. I recently had the transmission flushed and filter changed but problem still exists.

Any ideas on possible reasons and or solutions?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Its not the transmission, its axle wrap caused by weak leaf springs. You can fix it with a heavy duty set of leaf springs but its not going to be cheap. Click on the link in my sig for the best deal out there right now.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
does it feel kinda like ur gettin tapped from the rear? the slip yok on the rear driveshaft needs to be lubed alot more than peole actually do. this can cause some weird shit trust me
Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff06 View Post
steve o, i wouldn't have thought of that ^^^ good call
I did lots of research on this stuff back when I bought my new leafs in the last group buy last april.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
could also be a bad rear axle seal? that sounds kinda like what i was feeling before i had my leaking one replaced.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
Statistics are boring…until you become one!
c005jjc is a splendid one to beholdc005jjc is a splendid one to beholdc005jjc is a splendid one to beholdc005jjc is a splendid one to beholdc005jjc is a splendid one to beholdc005jjc is a splendid one to beholdc005jjc is a splendid one to beholdc005jjc is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
c005jjc's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with my 2001 Prerunner. Sometimes with taking my foot off the brake after a stop I would think someone had rearended me! I started doing my own oil changes and lubing my driveshaft after finding out my driveshaft hadn't been lubed in two years by the techs at Wal-Mart (I know, I should have been doing my own service...but I have been really busy and didn't have the time...I make time now!). I also added the "axle wrap mod" (you can do a search and find that info) and I have no problems with the axle wrap slap anymore. Really makes driving the truck more enjoyable.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
carleo86 is on a distinguished road
carleo86's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the info. I greased the slip yoke and all 5 zerks on the drive shaft. Minimized the issue but it still seems to be there after semi-hard starts and take-offs. The differential isn't leaking so i think that might not be the issue. I am going to look into the leak springs next. Thanks again for all the help!