LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whats the difference in leaf springs?

Old 03-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the difference in leaf springs?

I know I saw this posted in one of the threads but I searched and can not find it. I am looking for the difference between leaf springs for 1gen trucks 95-97 and 98-04
I think somebody wrote 98-04 are 55 inch long and others are 50 inch long.

Any idea? greatly appreciate answer
Old 03-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
hmm. Not sure but good question.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
95.5-97 51'' eye to eye,98-04 is 55'' eye to eye
Old 03-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
95.5-97 51'' eye to eye,98-04 is 55'' eye to eye
Ah,, many thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
Banned
pilotj is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
pilotj's Tacoma Gallery
On my 2001, there is also a difference left and right.
Left has a greater arc to support gas tank load and driver.
So if you need to replace your springs, the two will have different part numbers.

I replaced mine a month before the frame recall.
The frame recall came with new leaf springs.
I asked the dealer to put the "old" leaf springs in the bed since they were new.
I sold them on eBay, anyone here buy them? You got a great deal!