Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

seats from other vehicle's

Old 03-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Unscarred
unscarredammo is on a distinguished road

unscarredammo's Tacoma Gallery
seats from other vehicle's

I want to put new seats in my truck, has anyone used seats from other vehicles? I found a nice pair from a newer rx7, anyone know if they will fit? Thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Unscarred

im new to this forum, and im not sure if i poster this correctly.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know, never tried!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Unscarred

lol, thank's anyway
Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
would be very interesting to see if anyone had
Old 03-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
Unscarred

looks like ill have to give it a try, once i get my truck back from toyota after they put the new frame in for the recall.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Im running seats from an 02 Camaro. Custom made brackets
Old 03-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
subaru seats fit with only drilling
Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #10
Scott78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 4runner seats in mine that the previous owner put in. That's not much of a different vehicle though since they just bolted right in.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott78 View Post
I've got 4runner seats in mine that the previous owner put in. That's not much of a different vehicle though since they just bolted right in.
Do you have pics?

Are they more comfortable than the brutal stock buckets?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #12

Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take some pictures for you. The guy I bought it from, original owner, put them in because the way the headrest swiveled forward. I think they are probably equally as comfortable. The outside of the drivers seat is compressed just like the one was in my 2000 reg cab so I think they are pretty much the same. There are seat covers on right now so I'll pull them off, the shade of gray is a bit different from what the oo told me too.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
I put Toyota Celica seats in my last Tacoma. Thinking about putting a set in the double cab I have now They were MUCH comfier than the stock Limited seats.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
Quast is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
Quast's Tacoma Gallery
Tech Knowledgebase - Seat Installations I: Transplanting Seats Into...
i found this usefull on custom tacos. i just got some 98 leather accord seats that i have to swap in shouldnt be too hard if i just take the rails from the original seats and mod them to bolt to the accord ones.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #15

Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
So in preparation for pictures and to make sure I had the correct information I contacted the guy I bought my truck from to find out what seats he put in it. He corrected me, he only changed the head rests, so I was wrong, I still have the original seats. Sorry for the bad information.