1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with cruise control

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by isonhood84, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mar 21, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    isonhood84

isonhood84 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma
    cold air intake, 5 inch tuff country lift.
    i recently went on a small road trip and was using the cruise control. on the way to where i was going everything was good as it had always been, but on the way back when i would use my cruise it started messing up. I was going around 70 with it on and it just stopped at first i though i had lost complete acceleration but i hit the gas and it was fine. but the cruise didn't work anymore, a few minutes later i tried to set the cruise again and it work for a short period of time, this is what it did pretty much the whole way back. it would take about 10 to 15 minutes for it to start working again after it would stop. im sure it is probably a switch going bad or a wire, just wondering if anyone had this problem and what the problem was. thanks

2. Mar 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    mixaro

mixaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab, 2011 trail edition 4 runner, 2013 tx baja dcsb
    02 ext cab cat-back exhaust, k&n replacement filter, 5100 billy's, hellcreek 1.5" rear spring packs, 882 OME coils, Toytec 2" AAl, stainless brake lines, Light Racing UCA, 1" diff drop, BPV bracket, 4" deck plate mod, 886 fog light backup light mod, tom woods one piece drive shaft, spider trax 1.25 spacer.
    mine did the same thing everytime i hit a good bump in the road, i found out that my plug by the throttle cable in the engine bay was loose. I plugged it back in tight again and that fixed my problem.

3. Mar 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    JohnnYp

JohnnYp Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    98 SR5
    throttle body spacer k&N cold air intake stage 2 clutch kit Gibson cat back exhaust kit bed liner and rocker panel lined
    had the same thing happen to me but my clutch linkage was loose causing the clutch pedal to move just enough to trip the sensor.. tightened up the linkage and it works like a champ :D

4. Mar 21, 2011 at 10:37 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    hmmm good info, i am also havin a issue with my cruise control

5. Mar 22, 2011 at 12:19 AM
    isonhood84

isonhood84 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma
    cold air intake, 5 inch tuff country lift.
    yeah come to think of it i did notice that when it would get tripped it would sometimes be when i would hit a bump. i will give both a look thanks for the help guys.

6. Mar 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    mixaro

mixaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab, 2011 trail edition 4 runner, 2013 tx baja dcsb
    02 ext cab cat-back exhaust, k&n replacement filter, 5100 billy's, hellcreek 1.5" rear spring packs, 882 OME coils, Toytec 2" AAl, stainless brake lines, Light Racing UCA, 1" diff drop, BPV bracket, 4" deck plate mod, 886 fog light backup light mod, tom woods one piece drive shaft, spider trax 1.25 spacer.
    no problem thats what we're all here.

7. Mar 29, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    pou4518

pou4518 Member

Member:
    Natchez, Ms
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma, extended cab, 4wd, 177K+
    None Yet!!
    Alrighty fellas lets try this thread again.. Mine is doing the same as described above it'll work for a about 10 to 15 seconds and then quits. I have power to the unit and all of my pedal linkages are tight (mines an automatic) I cant seem to find the plug that you guys are talking about though and would like to consider any other thought that you may have, Ideas? Thanks in advanced, I drive about 10 hours every weekend and its not fun without a cruise that works!!

Products Discussed in

To Top