1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

different lift question?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by morningwood, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    morningwood

morningwood [OP] Active Member

Member:
    virginia beach
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4
    ome 882's and dakars and bilstien's. treadwright 285's
    Ok so i purchased a ome lift kit and will be installing my when it arrives shortly. anyways i have been reading install threads and have noticed many people having trouble with removal of some of the old bolts. so im asking those of you that have installed a lift what bolts etc. you replaced during install. I will be installing new ubolts and front spring eye bolts but am trying to figure out if anything else is recommended, as I will be installing at my college's automotive center and would like to make it a one day project. And the underside of my truck is pretty clean and rust free so i dont think ill have too much trouble, although on a side note when i tried to replace my fuel filter the nuts connecting it were seized?

2. Mar 24, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    I would get an extra set of bolts for the shackles and possibly shackles as well. The hardest part when installing the lift on my truck was the leaf springs. The front eye bolts and the bolts to the shackles did not want to come out so we had to cut them off. Use PB blaster or something similar on all the bolts to the suspension to help make the install go more smoothly.

3. Mar 24, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    morningwood

morningwood [OP] Active Member

Member:
    virginia beach
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4
    ome 882's and dakars and bilstien's. treadwright 285's
    alright thanks, will prob go and pick up a set of those shackle bolts tomorrow. Got lucky and found out i get a decent discount at the toyota dealership parts dept the other day when i went there in my work uniform and they said i get a discount because my work has an account with them, asked how much it was and the lady said i pay wholesale which i think means there cost, but not to sure if she was correct on the exact discount amount, but pretty stoked on that!

4. Mar 24, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    RattleTractor

RattleTractor Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    '04 Unicorn Tacoma
    1KZ-TE Diesel, GFC, Pizza cutters, Dorkel
    You may want to buy greasable shackles if you're going to replace them anyways...makes life a hell of a lot easier.

5. Mar 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    Yeah I had to cut off my front leaf bolts and U bolts and I had to beat the shit out my shackle bolts I would of never used them so you might want new shackles.if you didn't det new U bolts I would they are not entended to be reused. If you don't want to cut bolts shoot them with PB blaster every day until you install the lift that will help a lot

Products Discussed in

To Top