LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quick question concerning leaf springs!!!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Cajun Taceaux
zeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
zeeya2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question concerning leaf springs!!!!!

hey guys im curious to know why the heavy loader leaf spring (one all the way to the bottom) is placed upside down? curving down instead of up which would support the other leaf springs.

i looked at several other vehicles sitting around and all of theirs were right side up. (not toyota tacomas)

i do have trouble carrying loads could this solve the problem?
what would be the down fall of turning the heavy loader spring right side up? curving up towards the leaf springs
Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Cajun Taceaux
zeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
zeeya2000's Tacoma Gallery
yes i know this looks funny with the front not being leveled out but this is what happened when i turned my bottom leaf right side up
Attached Thumbnails
Quick question concerning leaf springs!!!!!-p3270002.jpg   Quick question concerning leaf springs!!!!!-p3270003.jpg   Quick question concerning leaf springs!!!!!-p3270006.jpg   Quick question concerning leaf springs!!!!!-p3270005.jpg   Quick question concerning leaf springs!!!!!-p3270004.jpg  

Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
That leaf is your overload spring so that the rest of the pack won't go over negative arch too much when loaded down. I think some people have run it upside down but I can't comment too much on it myself. Looks like it worked for you...fwiw I don't really like a level truck...needs a slight rake
Old 03-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Damn..."Got Rake?"

And I agree with malander
Old 03-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Meh it is a lot of rake but it doesn't look too bad. Bigger tires will look great and will fill out the rear wheel wells nicely
Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
Inflamed Member
blenderdriver will become famous soon enoughblenderdriver will become famous soon enough

Name: Todd
blenderdriver's Tacoma Gallery
For what it's worth... I had a '96 Tacoma extended cab 5 speed manual V6 4X4, lived in the mountains of Colorado, did lots of off roading in Colorado and Utah, broke leaf springs a couple of times, the last time I had it repaired, the guys at the spring place replaced the broken leaf, I had them add a leaf and they reassembled them with one of the heavy loader mounted up and the other mounted down. Didn't pay too much attention to it being upside down once I got it back, smart huh.. I drove it like that for about 4 years, with no problems. Buddy of my dads had a lift and we flipped the upward facing heavy loader down to it's original position I couldn't notice any difference other than if you really looked, right side sat a little higher in the back. Maybe others might have had a different experience??
Old 04-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #18
Sheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant futureSheppymach has a brilliant future

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
I flipped over my overload last week and have had no problems. Drove 100 miles round trip with streetbike in back and it drove nice. And it add 1" lift to rear also. Heres a pic

Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like all you've done is make the overload part of the leaf pack instead of only being used with a heavy load in the bed. Shouldn't do anything adverse but will probably make it ride like a dump truck. It's like putting in a really stiff AAL.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #20
Tacoma of Souls is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Tacoma of Souls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Looks like all you've done is make the overload part of the leaf pack instead of only being used with a heavy load in the bed. Shouldn't do anything adverse but will probably make it ride like a dump truck. It's like putting in a really stiff AAL.

QFT. you just sprung your rear suspension a little bit more.