Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front Brakes Pads Rotors 2wd

Old 04-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
Matthewlost is on a distinguished road
Matthewlost's Tacoma Gallery
Front Brakes Pads Rotors 2wd

I'm replacing my front rotors and pads. I wasn't able to locate a good thread with detailed instructions. The 2wd seems a bit more difficult than the 4wd. They've got a great youtube video for the 4wd, but not 2wd. Anybody?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Rotors are so simple. There is no difference for the 2wd model.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
pick yourself up a haynes repair manual OP there is a detailed walkthrough with pics of how to do it. btw a 2wd rotor change is different then on a 4wd, on a 2wd the rotor is bolted to the backside of the hub meaning youll be repacking the wheel bearings at some point. on a 4wd its much easier,its just held in place by the caliper and lugnuts.