Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Will this trailer hitch fit on my 02 tacoma?

Old 04-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Will this trailer hitch fit on my 02 tacoma?

So my mom has on 04 Buick Rainier with a tow hitch and my brother has a 02 Chevy Blazer s10 with a tow hitch. Neither of em have ever used it, Im just wondering if either of them would fit on my 02 tacoma and save me some money from having to buy one?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Coast Guard: Father's USCG
Name: Candice
LilRedYota's Tacoma Gallery
what kind is it?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedYota View Post
what kind is it?
Eh, Ill have to check.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Coast Guard: Father's USCG
Name: Candice
LilRedYota's Tacoma Gallery
mmk. it should have like a model number on it.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
the tacoma hitch is specific to the tacoma

or are you refering to the ball mount? just needs to be a 2" mount
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
If they are factory hitches I doubt they will fit because of the tacomas c channel rear section of the frame. The blazer/s10 and rainier most likely have fully boxed frames. If either of them are universal hitches it's possible one of them will work but I'm still thinking it's not very likely.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
If they are factory hitches I doubt they will fit because of the tacomas c channel rear section of the frame. The blazer/s10 and rainier most likely have fully boxed frames. If either of them are universal hitches it's possible one of them will work but I'm still thinking it's not very likely.
The s10 has a c channel frame but I doubt either will fit because hitches are vehicle specific. The s10 will be close as far as width goes but it might not drop down enough or it might not come out enough to clear the bumper. The bolt holes will also not line up, which is a big deal because they use the holes that the bumper uses to bolt to the frame.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I have the old one off of my truck...its got some rust on it (looks like surface only) but nothing too bad.

If I go to Wellsville (OH) with TTORA on the last weekend of this month feel free to swing by and you can have it.