Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1/4" top plate spacer on bilstein 5100's

Old 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Madams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to behold
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
1/4" top plate spacer on bilstein 5100's

If I want to get 3 inches of lift up front can I add a 1/4" top plate spacer on top of 5100's. Can I do this or not?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madams View Post
If I want to get 3 inches of lift up front can I add a 1/4" top plate spacer on top of 5100's. Can I do this or not?
Yes.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking with stock coils? there is a top plate spacer you can add but I would just but new coils the Eibachs are not that much and will give you 3"+ and ride way better.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I put in the 1/4" spacer on the left 5100 to make up for the taco lean.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
Madams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to behold
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Are you talking with stock coils? there is a top plate spacer you can add but I would just but new coils the Eibachs are not that much and will give you 3"+ and ride way better.
Yes stock coils. I would rather have the 3/4" top plate spacer. dont know why I put 1/4".
Old 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I put in the 1/4" spacer on the left 5100 to make up for the taco lean.

I thought that was only 2nd Gens? mine don't lean
Old 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought that was only 2nd Gens? mine don't lean
Nope.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes stock coils. I would rather have the 3/4" top plate spacer. dont know why I put 1/4".

I think a 3/4" space will take you way over 3" with the 5100's set at 2.5 I still recommend just buying new coils it's about 150.00 for the Eibachs and it's well worth it.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Nope.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then oh wait my truck does lean just look at my sig
Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Well I want enough lift for 33's 1/4" spacer should be fine to get 33's instead of 3/4" cause I dont want to go over.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think a 3/4" space will take you way over 3" with the 5100's set at 2.5 I still recommend just buying new coils it's about 150.00 for the Eibachs and it's well worth it.

Agreed. I installed my Eibachs this week and love them. It will get you a good lift over the 2.5 and stock coils and it makes the ride so much better.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I want enough lift for 33's 1/4" spacer should be fine to get 33's instead of 3/4" cause I dont want to go over.

Yeah 1/4" is the most I would go I don't even think you could get a 3/4" spacer in there safely with the 5100's at 2.5
Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Tell me more about the eibach springs. I just looked on the web site and couldnt find the springs for my tacoma. Could I run them with stock shocks in the front and they will lift my truck over 2.5 inches
Old 04-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
NO! YOU CAN NOT RUN THEM WITH STOCK SHOCKS. it's a valving issue you need to buy 5100's there might be other shocks you can run them with but not stock.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 04-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #15
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then oh wait my truck does lean just look at my sig
Me too. Mine doesnt lean either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Agreed. I installed my Eibachs this week and love them. It will get you a good lift over the 2.5 and stock coils and it makes the ride so much better.
X2.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Mine leans a little to the drivers side not much.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #17
crainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant future

crainz277's Tacoma Gallery
I have eibachs and 5100's, and just measured 2 days ago(2 weeks after install) and I have no lean. sitting at 39 1/8 on both driver and passenger side with a 32 inch tire. Those of you running a 33 inch tire you should be sitting at about 40" in the front.