1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rubber bed mat on top of plastic bedliner...???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mikracer, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Apr 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    mikracer

mikracer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB | TRD Sport 4x4
    My 04 DC has a Toyota bedliner in it and a Leer shell. I was thinking about getting a rubber bed mat so that it isnt so slippery inside the bed (for cargo and my dogs' paws). After doing a quick search, I found that most rubber bed mats are ribbed on the underside, but wide ribbed for the actual metal bed. Im just wondering if anyone has put a rubber mat on top of the plastic bedliner and if it works fine like that.

I dont want to get rid of the bedliner because I like having the extra "insulation" back there and partly because I dont want to try to sell it or store it in my backyard.

2. Apr 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    I have a 1/2" rubber liner in the bed of my truck. Its great! I also have a crappy rugged bed liner but i want to get a spray in liner.

3. Apr 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    scott572011

scott572011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SCOTT
    SO-CAL.
    Vehicle:
    THE RELENTLESS PRUIST....
    BF GOODRICH T/A ko, BILSTEIN HDs, AMERICAN RACING RAZOR`S 16X7.5, READYLIFT SST HYBRID LIFT SYSTEMS, ALTEC LANSING AUDIO,DREGS OF THE EARTH SYSTEMS,WOLF EYES,SUREFIRE ILLUMINATION TOOLS,HK-PROTECTION!!. POP LOCK, SHORTY ANTENNA, TACO TENT #3,. NITECORE ILLUMINATION, FENIX FLASHLITES. STILL PROTECTOR`S, FACTORY BED MAT, CUSTOM BED WEB, INTRO-TECH INTRO-GUARD CUSTOM TRUCK COVER, CENTER CONSOLE LOCK MOD, TECH-SHADE M1068, WEATHER-TECH CLEAR-COVER`S, OEM MINI TIE-DOWNS, TRUCK BEDZ AIR MATTRESS EXPEDITION SERIES, McGARD TOUGH NUTS WHEEL LOCK`S, DISABLE SEAT/BELT CHIME MOD, GARMIN GPS, KERSHAW BLADE`S, SKELETOOL, WEATHER-TECH FLOORLINER DIGITAL-FIT GRAY # 461781, NITE(IZE) KNOT-BONE ADJUSTABLE BUNGEE SYSTEM, WET OKole SEAT COVERS, UNDER DASH FLYZEYE BW LED LIGHT W/CUSTOM BLUE HALOS. NITECORE IFE1 INFILUX ILLUMINATION SYSTEM. JETBEAM BC-10 HANDHELD, HK VP-70Z 9mm PROTECTION!. JETBEAM PC-10 550 LUMEN ILLUMINATION SYSTEM. SUREFIRE E2D-LED-DEFENDER ULTRA 500 LUMENS KICK ASS ILLUMINATION...VIPER ALARM SYSTEM`S,ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER COMPONENT SYSTEM`S.KENWOOD AUDIO/VIDEO,HUSHMAT SOUND DEADENING INSULATION,3M AUTOMOTIVE FILMS.
    put 1 in my 2010 access-cab . wanted something between the liner and the new truck tent 3 i just pick`d up!!. works killer nothing moves. one of these day`s ill set the tent up~.

BED MAT.jpg

4. Apr 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    GSD

GSD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatoon SK
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    Nitto terra grapplers,raider cap with thule tracker two roof system, 13 inch rubber antenna, wire harness mod, seat belt chime mod
    I have a rubber mat and a topper for my dogs and it works very well. I also have alot of tools in the back for work often and it stops them from sliding as well. The only downside is that the dog hair sticks to it like crazy but nothing a good power wash wont fix. Well worth the cash!

5. Apr 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    My bed is sprayed with Reflex bed liner, but I just picked up a DeeZee rubber mat (it was for a Nissan Titan) at a local warehouse and it was super cheap, like $25. I just cut it to fit the bed of my truck. It has little rubber bumps on the bottom rather than ribs. So far it works great, much less slippery and even though bedliner is tough, it will protect it even more.

6. Apr 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    On my previous truck (2007 Tundra) the bed was ... LineX'ed ... then put in a bedliner ... then a Toyota rubber bed mat (each served a purpose).

On present Tacoma ... have old Tundra rubber bed mat on bottom (trimmed on both sides & long on both ends) with a fitted 5' Tacoma bed mat on top.

Bed mats have saved my azz (bed & tailgate) many times ... only problem with a rubber bed mats is "things do not scoot on them when loading".

7. Apr 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    03coma

03coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD, SR5
    TRD Pro Grille, Skid Plate, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust System, 2017 Tacoma TRD Rims, ARE Series II Lid,
    I have the Toyota bedliner in my 03 with the toyota rubber mat on top, I had to trim one corner near the wheelwell but no problem.

8. Apr 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    TIPICOTACO

TIPICOTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    nw nj
    Vehicle:
    '01 DC 4X4 TRD "RAD BARON"
    Some lift, some armor, some scratches..
    me too! my truck had a Toyota rubber mat when I bought it but I snagged a free plastic liner off the side of the road too. It was from an S10 and I had to "modify" it a bit to fit my bed. I threw the ruber mat on top and it works great to keep things from sliding around.

I have a cap also and would love to do some type of spray/roll on liner in the future. I would def still keep the rubber mat.

9. Apr 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Here's mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Apr 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    mikracer

mikracer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB | TRD Sport 4x4
    Thanks for everyones input. I'm going to look into a cheap mat and hopefully a tailgate piece as well so my dogs dont kill themselves trying to get in the back.

11. Apr 11, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    you will be fine. i use the same bed mat that was in my old 89 toyota on top of my plastic bedliner and i have never had issues. it only slipped once but i was standing on trying to pull a 400 lb plastic boat up from the water on an incline. didnt realize there was a hole in it and it filled up with water

Products Discussed in

To Top