Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rubber bed mat on top of plastic bedliner...???

Old 04-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
mikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nice
mikracer's Tacoma Gallery
Rubber bed mat on top of plastic bedliner...???

My 04 DC has a Toyota bedliner in it and a Leer shell. I was thinking about getting a rubber bed mat so that it isnt so slippery inside the bed (for cargo and my dogs' paws). After doing a quick search, I found that most rubber bed mats are ribbed on the underside, but wide ribbed for the actual metal bed. Im just wondering if anyone has put a rubber mat on top of the plastic bedliner and if it works fine like that.

I dont want to get rid of the bedliner because I like having the extra "insulation" back there and partly because I dont want to try to sell it or store it in my backyard.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1/2" rubber liner in the bed of my truck. Its great! I also have a crappy rugged bed liner but i want to get a spray in liner.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
GSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GSD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a rubber mat and a topper for my dogs and it works very well. I also have alot of tools in the back for work often and it stops them from sliding as well. The only downside is that the dog hair sticks to it like crazy but nothing a good power wash wont fix. Well worth the cash!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
My bed is sprayed with Reflex bed liner, but I just picked up a DeeZee rubber mat (it was for a Nissan Titan) at a local warehouse and it was super cheap, like $25. I just cut it to fit the bed of my truck. It has little rubber bumps on the bottom rather than ribs. So far it works great, much less slippery and even though bedliner is tough, it will protect it even more.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
On my previous truck (2007 Tundra) the bed was ... LineX'ed ... then put in a bedliner ... then a Toyota rubber bed mat (each served a purpose).

On present Tacoma ... have old Tundra rubber bed mat on bottom (trimmed on both sides & long on both ends) with a fitted 5' Tacoma bed mat on top.

Bed mats have saved my azz (bed & tailgate) many times ... only problem with a rubber bed mats is "things do not scoot on them when loading".
Old 04-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toyota bedliner in my 03 with the toyota rubber mat on top, I had to trim one corner near the wheelwell but no problem.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
I have a 1/2" rubber liner in the bed of my truck. Its great! I also have a crappy rugged bed liner but i want to get a spray in liner.
me too! my truck had a Toyota rubber mat when I bought it but I snagged a free plastic liner off the side of the road too. It was from an S10 and I had to "modify" it a bit to fit my bed. I threw the ruber mat on top and it works great to keep things from sliding around.

I have a cap also and would love to do some type of spray/roll on liner in the future. I would def still keep the rubber mat.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
mikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nice
mikracer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for everyones input. I'm going to look into a cheap mat and hopefully a tailgate piece as well so my dogs dont kill themselves trying to get in the back.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
you will be fine. i use the same bed mat that was in my old 89 toyota on top of my plastic bedliner and i have never had issues. it only slipped once but i was standing on trying to pull a 400 lb plastic boat up from the water on an incline. didnt realize there was a hole in it and it filled up with water