LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ultra gauge set up help

Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
ultra gauge set up help

so I been having my ultra gauge for a week or 2 now and I can't seem to get the calibrations correct. mainly the distance traveled is never correct. I have 265/75/16 tires which, according to tire rack, says I should travel about 3.8% further than my odometer says so wouldn't my calibration factor for my UG be 1.038? its always a different factor for some reason and the distance traveled isn't what I get when I multiply my odometer by 1.038, which effects my distance and mpg gauges which is why I got the thing...and opinions on this?
Old 04-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so I been having my ultra gauge for a week or 2 now and I can't seem to get the calibrations correct. mainly the distance traveled is never correct. I have 265/75/16 tires which, according to tire rack, says I should travel about 3.8% further than my odometer says so wouldn't my calibration factor for my UG be 1.038? its always a different factor for some reason and the distance traveled isn't what I get when I multiply my odometer by 1.038, which effects my distance and mpg gauges which is why I got the thing...and opinions on this?
the issue is that the stock odometer and speedometer are not exactly correct. I discovered that with my gps. In fact the speedometer is closer to right with my 32" tires than it was with the stock 31's.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
When you set up the travel distance feature drive a known distance then change the reading to match the distance traveled. I used mile markers in the road. So zero out the reading then drive. When you get to your desired distance go through the menu and adjust the distance traveled. Once you set it you are done. The number will increase as you drive.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinclm View Post
im having the same problem. also, i could never figure out what the exact size of a 2004 Prerunner gas tank size is!

is it 18.5 or 16??? my UG never can tell me the exact amount that is left in my tank.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check your manual for tank size.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
prerunner tank size is 18.5...i just went fill up and the UG told me i had used 10.7gallons and the pump only put in 9.7 gallons when it cut off..so i entered that into the calibration. as far as the distance, i drove an 80mile trip, straight section of the intersate, an the calibration factor was pretty close but i just tried to clear it and re-calibrate it and i think i made it worse. it now tells me my distance to empty is 370 miles wen i usually only average 265! i guess ill have to go recalibrate the distance soon when i can get my hands on a friends gps sincei have just been multiplyingmy odometer reading by 1.038 and entering that as the distance traveled
Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
11B4X4 is on a distinguished road

Army: GRUNT
11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
I know kind of an old thread...

But you guys think that gps is accurate enough to do the distance calibration on the UG?