Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HID ballasts

Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
They pretty much look the same as my 55w ballast. Why don't you just buy some ballasts from DDM though if that's all you need? You don't need to buy the whole kit.

EDIT: I dont think those ebay ballasts are the right ballasts. Those are for 24 volt systems.
Input Voltage: 18-32V
Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-Ballast-55W
Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
The Mad Scientist

And the raptor ballast
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Raptor-Ballast-55W
Old 04-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
what the heck! i searched high and low for those!...

well, thank you kindly sir my lights and i appreciate it

Btw, which one would be better?? the Raptors are cheaper...
I have the raptors in all 10 (count em...10) HID lights on my truck. What can i say, I like wearing sunglasses at night (kidding).
Not a single problem with any of them.

On a separate note, I don't know how many ballasts you need, but if you're only short 1, I say buy just the ballast. If you need two, its the same price ($40 for 55W) to buy a whole kit as to buy two standalone ballasts, and you'll have a couple spare bulbs.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

Not sure what your mounting plans are for the ballasts, but they don't come with brackets (learned this the hard way the first time around). I ended up rigging up something together with pumbers tape. DDM offers some cheasy brackets. Kinda, well cheap, but they worked. I got these the second time around. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Bracket-FullSized
Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I have the raptors in all 10 (count em...10) HID lights on my truck. What can i say, I like wearing sunglasses at night (kidding).
Not a single problem with any of them.

On a separate note, I don't know how many ballasts you need, but if you're only short 1, I say buy just the ballast. If you need two, its the same price ($40 for 55W) to buy a whole kit as to buy two standalone ballasts, and you'll have a couple spare bulbs.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

Not sure what your mounting plans are for the ballasts, but they don't come with brackets (learned this the hard way the first time around). I ended up rigging up something together with pumbers tape. DDM offers some cheasy brackets. Kinda, well cheap, but they worked. I got these the second time around. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Bracket-FullSized
Nice man! i think ill just end up with 6 haha

and that is a valid point, i guess i'll just do that, would still be nice to find some used ones for cheaper. and i am assuming the Raptors must be the slim ones??

Im not to worried about mounting. my dad and i are pretty inventive haha
Old 04-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Nice man! i think ill just end up with 6 haha

and that is a valid point, i guess i'll just do that, would still be nice to find some used ones for cheaper. and i am assuming the Raptors must be the slim ones??

Im not to worried about mounting. my dad and i are pretty inventive haha
No the raptors are the full size and the slim ballasts are the slim ones. As far as a difference in the 2 i just noticed the the raptors are just bigger than the slim's.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I've had these for 3 year and haven't ever had a problem. Spendy, but reputable. http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail
Old 04-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
huskerfan is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
huskerfan's Tacoma Gallery
i have several ballasts since i work at car audio store i would sell cheap if you pay for shipping. 2 for $35 or make an offer. I have used that i know work and some new. I also have the digital ballast. however, it usually is the bulb, ballast usually goes bad in GM cars.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
huskerfan is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
huskerfan's Tacoma Gallery
I would also say that go to http://www.mydepots.com/