Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

10" subs in a regular cab?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Tacoma of Souls is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Tacoma of Souls's Tacoma Gallery
10" subs in a regular cab?

anyone ever gear up subs in a reg cab? i just bought a couple 10" subs for shits and giggles... complete impulse buy, lol. gonna try to make a box for each one and see if i can't mount them behind the seats. the only problem i can see is behind the passenger seat there is the little sheet metal bracket for the jack and tire iron, but i'm just gonna zip that off and make it look like it was never there. i also have an electric trailer brake module behind my seat, but that should be easy to move around.

any thoughts, suggestions?
Old 04-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know how loud they are, im thinking of getting some 12's... maybe just one haha
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
jvandelft is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electrical Technician
jvandelft's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 1000w 12" jbl with a bandpass box, alpine amp and deck....pretty loud for a truck!!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
bigdaddytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jared
bigdaddytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 10 inch with a 1000 amp and unless you wont to be gangster and pump nothing but bass .it sounds bad ass and has a nice thump all you really need
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
The 10's have more of a higher pitched thump while the 12's have a deeper thump. Better for certian kinds of music
Old 04-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a flat 10 running about 700 watts
check page 3 of the audio video section for My single cab sub solution thread for details. Two of the boxes I built would fit side by side behind the seats.
Good Luck
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
Tacoma of Souls is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Tacoma of Souls's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i may have to sell mine and try to get some 8" subs for it to work. i think the ones i have are too deep. good thing is i already have a decent box for them so they should be easy to sell. hm.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
sgeezy is on a distinguished road
Name: Shelton
sgeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i've got a 15" L7 in a probox pushed by 2000 watts but its in a dlx. i have to turn it down a mile down the road cause the sheriff across the street kept bitching at me
Old 04-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
I put 12" sony xplodes behind the seats of my first tacoma, a 2000 single cab. I will tell you that my leg room went to shit. They sounded good though. I had to do some mods to the rears of the seat cuz the speaker would bounce the vynyl backing and made it sound like the speakers were blown. So I took some metal grating, or chicken wire type stuff and glued it to the back to reduce the seat slapping. After that it sounded good, but the leg room still sucked. So that led into the purchase of my second Tacoma. Brand new 2004 access cab. Which 8 months into owner ship I rolled in the mountains or hillss whatever you wanna call em' east of chula vista CA. $7500 dollars in damage and a $500 deductible it looked brand new. Though sorry to say, while at the collision centers gated parking lot in downtown SD. Someone decided those speakers would look better in there ride, but they left the amp that was bolted under the drivers seat. So that was the end of big speakers, but the beginning of off road mods. Sorry bout the rant, but you asked.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I put a 10inch Jl sub behind the reg cab seat and the seat only had to move foward about 2 clicks.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery

Amp under the seat.

2 10" shallow depth Kenwood eXcellon subs mounted in custom formed/trimmed box.

Installed and BUMPIN

Covered box.

Wouldn't trade them for anything else!