Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen. Powered Subwoofer

Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
02redtacoma is on a distinguished road
02redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen. Powered Subwoofer

I found and installed this powered subwoofer. Its a Blaupunkt THb 200A
It has 70 watts of power and has an 8 inch speaker. It also has High Level output, RCA input, and volume, crossover and phase control. I used industrial velcro to hold it in place and with the seat back it doesn't move. You could also place it under the front seats. It has a lot of power for what it is and I am very happy with it. It costs about $200

Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
bacobits24 is on a distinguished road
bacobits24's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm how is the bass on that? I was thinking about getting subs.. but it seems like this will save a bunch of space... Although with 70 watts seems like it shouldn't have that great of bass.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome!!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I've got something similar, made by Kenwood. 150 watts and 2 - 8" speakers. Sounds good enough for me. Won't rattle the windows, but won't break the bank either. I think this was around $130 on E-bay.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #8
02redtacoma is on a distinguished road
02redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The bass is actually pretty good for what it is. I already have a full Alpine system and the subwoofer really balanced out the sound. I didn't want to do anything permanant so this was perfect for me, also I gave up the search for sub boxes.
If you want more bass you could always get 2, and put them under the front seats.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #9
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I've got something similar, made by Kenwood.

How hard was the install on that? It looks way good.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:25 AM   #10
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. It was done at a local shop when I had the rest of my stuff put in. I had this same setup in my 97, and I had it transfered when I got my new truck. It came with a wiring diagram, and it really didn't look all that complicated, just a wire from the head unit and a power connection.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
Does the head unit led match the amber guage cluster?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #12
four forty four

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaracer View Post
Does the head unit led match the amber guage cluster?
No, the Alpine head unit has blue lighting, but I really don't notice it. The sound more than makes up for any mismatched lighting, IMO.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #13
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
It came with a wiring diagram, and it really didn't look all that complicated, just a wire from the head unit and a power connection.

I like the sound of that. Do you have the model # or some more info on it? I tried to find it on Kenwood's website but they don't advertise anything that looks quite like it.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
four forty four

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidro_el_pirata View Post
I like the sound of that. Do you have the model # or some more info on it? I tried to find it on Kenwood's website but they don't advertise anything that looks quite like it.
I loked on E-bay. They changed speaker since I bought mine. It's called a
KSW-10. It looks a little different from mine, but it is still a powered subwoofer, 150 watts. Go to E-bay and search for a powered subwoofer. It's there, cheapest one I saw was about $114.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #15

Cool, found it, thanks!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #16
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm, since i have the double cab, this would be perfect, since no one seems to have the custom fit box in stock anymore