Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DIY: Differential Breather Extension

Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #41
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
ok maybe i am trying the wrong department... hmmm
if you cant find any.....i'll buy you some and ship it to ya.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #42
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
nvm just called napa auto parts and they have it in stock, thanks though for ya help. i think ima just use the stock diff breather and put that on the end instead of the fuel filter cuz cant seem to find any over here
Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #43
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
nvm just called napa auto parts and they have it in stock, thanks though for ya help. i think ima just use the stock diff breather and put that on the end instead of the fuel filter cuz cant seem to find any over here
that'll work.....a few folks have done that as well.....just make sure you clamp it on with a band clamp really tight.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #44
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
alright, appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #45

Quote:
alright, appreciate it.
anytime.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #46
oh btw would u recommend that i flush the rear diff fluid if i took it mudding one time? or should be still good to go?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #47

Quote:
oh btw would u recommend that i flush the rear diff fluid if i took it mudding one time? or should be still good to go?
you should be fine...unless you submerged the rear diff completely...then i'd change it.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #48

man i was playing in the mud for like an hour damnnnn shoulda done this before hand
Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #49

Quote:

man i was playing in the mud for like an hour damnnnn shoulda done this before hand
you'll be alright. i'd go ahead and do a drain and refill. switch over to synthetic as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #50
im gonna take it to the stealership lol. when it comes to doing the simple things on cars or trucks i screw it up somehow lol. ill tell them to switch to synthetic oil though hopefully they can...
Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #51
taco8603 is on a distinguished road

Name: Philip
taco8603's Tacoma Gallery
what size is the union thread
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #52
TonyTacoBC is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
TonyTacoBC's Tacoma Gallery
Is this mod only necessary on the rear diff? Or should it be done on the transmission and front diff as well?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #53
TonyTacoBC is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
TonyTacoBC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco8603 View Post
what size is the union thread
The union thread as mentioned in a previous post on this thread is 1/8 BSPT (British Standard Pipe Taper Thread). Not to be confused with 1/8 NPT (National Pipe Taper Thread).

I'll be doing this mod very soon as I like to cross shallow rivers occasionally. I just need to know how high the breathers are for the manual transmission and the transfer case. That way I'll know if I need an extension on those ones as well.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #54
monster taco in the snow
pdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud of

Name: coty
pdxwhiteout's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

finally doing this tomorrow after work along with some maint and suspension work. will post some pics asap......
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #55
monster taco in the snow
pdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud of

lets do this
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #56
monster taco in the snow

union installed with thread sealer
Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #57
monster taco in the snow

using a 86 honda accord filter. since i work at honda it was cheap and available.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #58
monster taco in the snow

fitting nice
Old 10-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #59
monster taco in the snow

all finished. took no time time and came out awesome. great mod, great thread!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #60
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know where the rest of the breathers are? The rear diff is easy. I want to do this, but I'd like to get them all.

I've got a manual transmission, as that probably make a difference.