Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

clutch squeaking??

Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
clutch squeaking??

Hey guys, so i have a weird squeaking sound coming from my truck. It sounds like it would be like a bad idler pulley from the sound its making. However, it goes away when i just rest my foot on the clutch. Like just barely putting weight on it, so little it doesn't feel like i am actually moving the clutch. also goes away under hard acceleration. but is there at idle and is just annoying!

any ideas??

i just had all the belts replaced and a new water pump..
Old 04-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
sgeezy is on a distinguished road
Name: Shelton
sgeezy's Tacoma Gallery
check your slave drive fluid. if u ride the clutch alot it'll burn that fluid up! uses regular dot 3 brake fluid
Old 04-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar sound coming from the rear though. Its a rrrch sound kinda like if you would burn rubber starting off. It only happens when i start off from first on a slight slope. Maybe its the leaf spring or maybe my rear diff. ????
Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
MaTt98 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MaTt98's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like the throw out bearing mine did that before i replaced the clutch but i may be wrong lol
Old 04-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTt98 View Post
sounds like the throw out bearing mine did that before i replaced the clutch but i may be wrong lol
+1

Throwout bearing starts spinning when you press the clutch and it touches the clutch cover fingers.