Camper Shell/Bed Liner Combo and Securing Shell Question

Old 04-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
groink is on a distinguished road
Name: James
groink's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to groink
Exclamation Camper Shell/Bed Liner Combo and Securing Shell Question

Hello all,

My taco has the stock removable plastic bed-liner. I recently purchased a camper shell and decided to just leave the bed liner on. Obviously the lip of the liner hangs out a small amount between the bed and the shell. Besides aesthetics, is there any other reason that I should potentially be worried about this set up?

Reasons I decided to keep bedliner:
Standard bed liner protection.
I also figured that the additional space between the actual bed and myself may add additional insulation when using the camper shell for its intended purpose. This is probably pointless as I will use a twin innerspring mattress when sleeping in it.

Another question:
I installed the shell using standard 'j-hooks', they just do not seem like they are going to stand the test of time especially with any off-roading... I have not been off-roading since installing the shell, should I be concerned if I make sure they are tight before I go out?

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Should be able to run the bedliner no problem.

As for the J hooks, I look at replacing them with some clamps used for camper shells. They have a larger surface area that holds the shell to the truck.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
groink is on a distinguished road
Name: James
groink's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to groink
okay cool, I imagine claps will require cutting into the bed liner? That's not an issue, just curious.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
mikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nice
mikracer's Tacoma Gallery
I have a factory bedliner along with a Leer camper shell. No issues.